|1||Panthers||W 24 - 10|
|2||Packers||W 25 - 24||4||47||11.8||17||0|
|3||@Lions||L 6 - 20||5||37||7.4||12||0|
|4||@Jaguars||L 7 - 23||6||95||15.8||33||0|
|2021||New England Patriots||16||11||28||294||10.5||28||1||9||40||4.4||9||0||1||0|
|2022||New England Patriots||14||8||27||245||9.1||53||0||1||5||5||5||0||1||0|
- Tallied 169 receptions for 1,841 yards (10.9 avg.) and 17 touchdowns in 90 games (72 starts) for the Titans and Patriots prior to being traded to the Falcons.
- In 2022, he appeared in 14 games (eight starts) recording 27 receptions for 245 receiving yards (7.4 avg.).
- Played in 16 games (11 starts), recording 28 receptions, 294 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown while adding nine carries for 40 yards for the Patriots in 2021.
- Set single-season career highs in receptions (41), receiving yards (448) and receiving touchdowns (eight) in 15 games (14 starts) for the Titans in 2020. He also finished third among all NFL tight ends with nine total touchdowns (eight receiving, one rushing).
- Appeared in 16 games (14 starts) for the Titans in 2019, finishing 2019 with 35 receptions, 439 receiving yards and three receiving touchdowns while adding 78 rushing yards on four carries.
- Registered 20 receptions for 258 receiving yards and three touchdowns in 13 games (12 starts) for the Titans in 2018.
- He finished his rookie year in 2017, with 18 receptions, 157 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns for the Titans.
- Played four seasons (2013-16) at the Florida International University in Miami, Fla.
- Tallied 178 receptions for 2,001 yards (11.2 avg.) and 18 touchdowns in 43 career games.
- As a senior in 2016, started 11 games for the Panthers and was a second-team All-Conference USA selection after recording 42 receptions, 506 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns. He also became the fifth player in FIU history to register over 2,000 career receiving yards (2,001 yards).
- Finished his career with a reception in every game he's played in (43 games –second-most in school history).
- In 2015, he started eight games recording 36 receptions 397 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- As a sophomore in 2014, he earned First-Team All-Conference USA after registering career highs in receptions (61), receiving yards (710), and receiving touchdowns (eight) in 12 starts for the Panthers. He led all tight ends nationally in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns and also set the tight end single-season program record for receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. His eight receiving touchdowns broke a single-season program record, surpassing the previous record of seven set by T.Y. Hilton (2008, 2011).
- As a freshman in 2013, he started all 12 games and earned All-Conference USA honorable mention in addition to being named to Conference USA's All-Freshman team after recording 39 receptions, 388 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns. He led or tied for the team lead in receptions or receiving yards in eight of the Panthers 12 games.
- Attended West Port High School in Ocala, Fla.
- Named 2012 Ocala Star Banner All-County first team and the 2012 Florida Athletic Coaches Association All-District 7 team.
- Led the team with 34 receptions, 517 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns as a senior in 2012.
- Competed in weightlifting, finishing second in the county in the 219-pound weight class.
- Married to wife, Ballad and they have four children, Jaylen, Nichols, Jonnu and daughter Haven.
- Son of Wayne Smith and Karen Smith.
- Majored in liberal studies at FIU.
Breaking down Jonnu Smith's versatility
Dave Archer breaks down film that shows why Jonnu Smith is a huge addition to the Falcons roster.
How Jonnu Smith overcame adversity to realize NFL dream | Falcons in Focus Podcast
New Falcons tight end Jonnu Smith joins Scott Bair and Tori McElhaney to discuss his difficult upbringing in Philadelphia and his mother's role in helping him realize his dream. He moved from Philly to Florida, where his football career took off put him on a path to the NFL, allowing him to give back to those who helped him along the way.
This podcast, as well as many others, is available as audio only on the Atlanta Falcons Podcast Network on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
'GMFB' Jason McCourty breaks down the film in Falcons' big Free Agency moves
Good Morning Football analyst Jason McCourty breaks down some of the key Free Agency moves the Atlanta Falcons have made in the 2023 offseason.
Jonnu Smith's top career highlights | Falcons acquire Tight End in trade with Patriots
Watch highlights of tight end Jonnu Smith's best plays in last six seasons in the NFL.
NFL Network Report: Falcons acquire tight end Jonnu Smith in Patriots trade
The Atlanta Falcons are acquiring tight end Jonnu Smith from the New England Patriots per Ian Rapoport.
Editor's note: _The statements and opinions regarding players and/or potential future players in the article below are those of the AtlantaFalcons.com editorial staff and are not of the Atlanta Falcons' football personnel unless noted in a direct quote.