|1||Panthers||W 24 - 10|
|2||Packers||W 25 - 24|
|3||@Lions||L 6 - 20|
- Played five seasons (2017-21) at Western Kentucky University.
- Tallied 349 total tackles (179 solo), 34.0 sacks, 60 tackles for loss, nine forced fumbles, eight passes defensed, one interception and one fumble recovery in 62 games.
- Earned first-team All-Conference USA in each of his final three seasons, earning two Conference USA Defensive PLayer of the Year awards of that sapan (2019, 2021), becoming the fourth player to win that award multiple times in conference history.
- Led the Hilltoppers in sacks (9.0), tackles for loss (17.5) and forced fumbles (four) in 14 games (14 starts) in 2021.
- Also recorded more total tackles (94) than any FBS defensive lineman last season, marking the second time he accomplished that feat in the past three years (99 total tackles in 2019).
- Finished his college career as the all-time sack leader in program history with 34, while his 60 tackles for loss were the second-most in school history.
- Named MVP of the American team at the 2022 Senior Bowl.
- Attended Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Ga. as a senior after played three seasons at Martin Luther King High.
- Led Cedar Grove to a 13-2 record and a GHSA Divison 3A state championship as a senior after recording 49 tackles and eight tackles for loss.
- Earned first-team all-state honors as a defensive lineman as a senior.
- First cousin of Falcons' 2022 sixth-round selection Justin Shaffer.
- Was high school teammates with Shaffer and Indianapolis Colts' tight end Jelani Woods at Cedar Grove High School, and was teammates with Arden Key and Terez Hall at Martin Luther King.
- Started his high school career as a wide receiver and running back before moving to defensive end as a junior.
Notes, observations from final week of Falcons voluntary OTAs
Jeff Okudah vs. Drake London, DeAngelo Malone in different role, plus more of Dee Alford at nickel.
Falcons sign defensive lineman Joe Gaziano to one-year deal
Gaziano has been with the Los Angeles Chargers since 2020.
Analyzing state of outside linebackers and why the Falcons need more pass rush talent heading into 2023 season -- Falcons Breakdown
How will the Falcons approach strengthening the pass rush?
Evaluating DeAngelo Malone's first season, Falcons long-term plan for him -- Rookie review
A solid offseason could put Atlanta native in line for bigger role in 2023
Falcons Daily: Finding pass rush production was always going to be a process in Atlanta, not a quick fix
Arthur Smith says "huge point of emphasis" will be put developing a more significant pass rush in Atlanta.
Falcons inactives: Arnold Ebiketie's status revealed ahead of game vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Arnold Ebiketie, Chuma Edoga and Jalen Dalton were all listed as questionable on Friday.
Falcons inactives: Veteran receiver back on active game day roster vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
No Kyle Pitts. No Cordarrelle Patterson. Who do the Falcons have in reserve?
Falcons inactives: Two Atlanta rookies make league debut
Falcons go heavy at running back after Damien Williams is placed on IR.
Falcons inactives: Two Falcons rookies listed as inactive ahead of Week 1 showdown with New Orleans Saints
Drake London, Darren Hall to play on Sunday. Ted Monachino to not coach vs. Saints as he deals with a personal matter.
'I had a point to prove': DeAngelo Malone motivated to defy expectations with hometown team
Ellenwood, Ga. native ready to prove he can thrive at NFL level
Camp report: A heavier DeAngelo Malone focused on technique, Marcus Mariota, Feleipe Franks, Cordarrelle Patterson and more from Falcons practice
Desmond Ridder could see majority of work versus Lions
Ade Ogundeji 'quietly' coming into his own on Falcons defense
Ted Monachino once said the plan for Ogundeji was to be the "bell cow" of the outside linebacker position. It feels as though that day has come.
Bair Mail: On Kyle Pitts potential, position battles outside O-line, early impressions of DeAngelo Malone and Troy Andersen
You questions get answers in this Friday mailbag
Camp Report: Falcons players, coaches discuss work-in-progress edge rusher development
OLB coach Ted Monachino said the edge rushers in Atlanta are "in the process of becoming something." What does this mean for where they are in their personal development? This and other notes from Day 3 of training camp.
Positional breakdown: Arnold Ebiketie headlines edge rusher youth movement Falcons hope will improve pass rush
DeAngelo Malone, Lorenzo Carter also join Ade Ogundeji in overhauled OLB group
Falcons sign second round draft pick to rookie deal
Atlanta selected Arnold Ebiketie with the No. 38 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
'The expectation is high for all of us': Lorenzo Carter on new-look Falcons edge rushers
University of Georgia product sees potential in young position group
'DeAngelo, line up there and sic 'em': How the Falcons decided on DeAngelo Malone in the 2022 NFL Draft
The Western Kentucky edge rusher holds the school record in sacks. His production caught the eye of a Falcons team in need of some pass rush juice.
Falcons sign two defenders to rookie deals
Atlanta officially adds Troy Andersen and DeAngelo Malone to the roster.
Dorm mates Drake London, Desmond Ridder "on the same mission" with Atlanta Falcons
Rookie minicamp began on Friday. Here's everything you need to know from Day 1.
NFL Draft 2022: Why DeAngelo Malone's an intriguing talent you should keep a close eye on during Falcons campaign
Atlanta native created havoc at Western Kentucky, during Senior Bowl week
Analyzing the futures of Marcus Mariota, Deion Jones and others: Six Falcons post-draft observations
The 2022 NFL Draft is over. What did we learn about the Falcons through their pre- and post-draft decisions?
2022 NFL Draft: League media grades entire Falcons draft class
Terry Fontenot, Arthur Smith earn high marks for three-day haul
Recapping the Falcons 2022 NFL Draft class
Everything you need to know about Drake London, Arnold Ebiketie, Desmond Ridder and rest of eight-man class
DeAngelo Malone on pass rush, facing Geno Smith | Press conference
Falcons outside linebacker DeAngelo Malone speaks to the media following practice in Seattle ahead of week 3 against the Seahawks.
DeAngelo Malone and big dreams from Ellenwood, Georgia | Rookie Spotlight
Drafted in the third round, rookie edge rusher DeAngelo Malone grew up a Falcons fan and now gets the chance to wear the red and black.
Why the Atlanta Falcons drafted outside linebacker DeAngelo Malone in the 2022 NFL Draft
Outside Linebackers Coach Ted Monachino and area scout Benjamin Martinez break down what DeAngelo Malone can bring to the Atlanta Falcons linebackers room.
Inside the Draft Room | The moment DeAngelo Malone found out he was being selected by the Falcons
Take an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Draft Room as Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot tells OLB DeAngelo Malone the Atlanta Falcons were selecting him in the 3rd round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
'You gotta love the Falcons' | DeAngelo Malone first reaction
Outside linebacker DeAngelo Malone speaks with Atlanta Falcons Insider Kris Rhim and describes his reactions to being selected by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2022 NFL Draft.
'Honored to play for my hometown team' | DeAngelo Malone Press Conference | 2022 NFL Draft
Atlanta Falcons outside linebacker DeAngelo Malone speaks with the media following being selected with the No. 82 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft
Falcons select DeAngelo Malone with No. 82 pick in 2022 draft
The Atlanta Falcons select Western Kentucky Hilltoppers linebacker DeAngelo Malone in Round 3 of the 2022 NFL Draft with the No. 82 overall pick [via a trade with the Indianapolis Colts].