|1||Panthers||W 24 - 10|
|2||Packers||W 25 - 24|
- Played four seasons (2019-22) at Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Played in 54 games, recording 261 tackles (160 solo), 17 passes defensed, 7.5 tackles for loss, four interceptions, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Started all 13 games as a senior in 2022, recording 108 total tackles (67 solo), eight passes defensed, three tackles for loss, one interception, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one sack.
- Led Alabama and ranked sixth in the SEC in tackles with 108, including three for loss and one sack.
- Tied his career-best total for tackles with 12, including a team-high nine solo stops against LSU.
- In his junior campaign, he posted 87 total tackles (55 solo), six passes defensed, three interceptions and 2.5 tackles for loss in 15 games for the 2021 season.
- Tied for the UA team lead and fifth in the SEC in interceptions with three in 2021.
- In 2020 as a sophomore, he played in 13 games where he notched 62 total tackles (36 solo), three passes defensed, 1.5 tackles for loss and one sack.
- Named Special Teams Player of the Week by coaches for his efforts against Missouri, Arkansas and Florida.
- As a true freshman in 2019, he recorded four total tackles (two solo), half a tackle for loss and half a sack.
- Born and raised in Washington, D.C.
- Attended DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, Md.
- Recorded 78 receptions for 1,469 yards and 21 touchdowns as a senior.
- Notched 12 interceptions—three of which he returned for touchdowns—along with 91 tackles at defensive back.
- Contributed two touchdowns, two interceptions and a blocked punt for a safety in DeMatha's WCAC semifinal victory to help the Stags reach the WCAC championship game.
- Unanimous four-star recruit by all major recruiting services.
- Participated in Nike's "The Opening" Finals in Frisco, Texas in 2018.
- Named Washington Post Metro Offensive Player of the Year.
Analysis: What to make of Falcons initial 53-man roster
Tori McElhaney takes a look at the Falcons 53-man roster, and provides insight into the decisions made on Tuesday.
Bair Mail: On Kyle Pitts, Desmond Ridder, Jessie Bates III, the backup QBs and more
We also discuss DeMarcco Hellams' preseason and odds of making the 53-man roster in this Monday mailbag
Who stood out in Falcons final preseason game vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers held on to an early lead to defeat the Falcons at home, 24-0.
Five players to watch in final preseason game vs. Steelers
The Falcons host the Steelers on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. for their third and final preseason game of 2023.
'He shows up when the lights are on': DeMarcco Hellams' fighting spirit stands out in Falcons preseason
The Falcons No. 224 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft is fighting for a roster spot. With 53-man roster cutdowns looming, did the Alabama graduate do enough to earn one?
Bubble Watch: Which Falcons pass catchers have built the strongest case to make the initial 53-man roster?
Tori McElhaney and Terrin Waack zero in on five players they're interested in after the Falcons-Bengals tie Friday night.
Falcons who stood out in preseason opener vs. Miami Dolphins
Godwin Igwebuike, DeMarcco Hellams among roster hopefuls who made big plays on Friday night.
On the bubble: Frank Darby, John FitzPatrick make a case in first two weeks of camp
With cut down day looming at the end of this month, Scott Bair and Tori McElhaney break down who they think are contending for just a few open spots.
'They trust this kid': How the Falcons decided on DeMarcco Hellams in 2023 NFL Draft
The Falcons No. 224 overall pick never disappeared from game to game, and that consistency is what landed him in Atlanta.
Falcons sign rookie safety DeMarcco Hellams
Atlanta drafted the Alabama product in the seventh round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
Scott and Tori break down the 2023 Falcons NFL Draft class
We discuss Bijan Robinson, the overall draft class and their favorite pick from Days 2 and 3
Falcons select DeMarcco Hellams with the No. 224 overall NFL Draft pick
The Alabama defensive back led the Crimson Tide in tackles in 2022
DeMarcco Hellams intercepts the Jake Browning pass vs. Cincinnati
Safety DeMarcco Hellams intercepts quarterback Jake Browning's pass vs. Bengals.
Logan Woodside, Dee Alford and others speak to media following victory over Miami Dolphins
Atlanta Falcons speak to media following victory over Miami Dolphins in preseason opener.
Demarcco Hellams: Achieving a winning mentality | Rookie Spotlight
Drafted in the seventh round, rookie defensive back Demarcco Hellams strives for the next level in his career. The Alabama graduate seeks to maintain his established winning mentality.
Robinson, Hellams, Harrison speak after first rookie minicamp practice | Press Conferences
Rookies Bijan Robinson, DeMarcco Hellams and Zach Harrison speak to the media for the first time following their first day of rookie minicamp.
On The Rise | Episode 2 | Inside the Atlanta Falcons Draft Room
With the eighth overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select... Bijan Robinson! Terry Fontenot, Arthur Smith and the Atlanta front office staff put together the newest Falcons draft class. Get an exclusive look at how this rookie class came together as we follow along every pick in episode two of On the Rise.
Highlights of the entire 2023 Atlanta Falcons draft class
Check out highlights of the full 2023 Atlanta Falcons drafted players: Bijan Robinson, Matthew Bergeron, Zach Harrison, Clark Phillips III, DeMarcco Hellams, and Jovaughn Gwyn.
Why the Atlanta Falcons selected DeMarcco Hellams | 2023 NFL Draft
Hear from the coaches and scouts who put in the work behind-the-scenes on why the Atlanta Falcons selected DeMarcco Hellams in the seventh round.
NFL Draft room phone call | The moment DeMarcco Hellams became an Atlanta Falcon
Get an inside look in the Draft room as General Manager Terry Fontenot calls DeMarcco Hellams to tell him he is going to be an Atlanta Falcon.
DeMarcco Hellams talks about getting the call and learning from Nick Saban | Interviews
Defensive back DeMarcco Hellams speaks to Taylor Vismor after being drafted in the seventh round to The Atlanta Falcons.
Falcons select Clark Phillips III, DeMarcco Hellams & Jovaughn Gwyn | Rapid Reactions
Falcons select Clark Phillips III with No. 113 overall NFL Draft pick, DeMarcco Hellams with the No. 224 overall NFL Draft pick and OL Jovaughn Gwyn with the No. 225 overall NFL Draft pick.