|1||Steelers||L 20 - 23||1||1||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||@Cowboys||L 17 - 20||3||0||3||3||0||0||0||0|
|3||@Jets||W 27 - 12||2||1||3||2||0||0||1||1||1||1||1||0||0|
|4||Dolphins||W 27 - 15||6||0||6||6||0||0||1||0|
|5||@Ravens||L 17 - 19||5||1||6||5||0||0||0||0|
|6||@Saints||W 30 - 26||1||3||4||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||Falcons||W 35 - 17||2||0||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|8||@Browns||L 13 - 32||4||6||10||3||0||0||0||0|
|9||Panthers||W 42 - 21||1||3||4||1||0||0||1||1||16||16||16||0||0|
|11||@Steelers||W 37 - 30||1||1||2||1||0||0||1||0|
|12||@Titans||W 20 - 16||1||3||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|13||Chiefs||W 27 - 24||4||4||8||4||0||0||0||0|
|14||Browns||W 23 - 10||0||3||3||0||0||0||2||1||7||7||7||0||0|
|15||@Buccaneers||W 34 - 23||1||1||2||1||0||0||1||0|
|16||@Patriots||W 22 - 18||3||1||4||2||0||0||0||0|
|18||Ravens||W 27 - 16||3||5||8||2||0||0||1||1||4||4||4||0||1|
- Started all 79 games, recording 477 tackles (325 solo), 43 passes defensed and 14 interceptions over five seasons for the Bengals.
- Started in 16 games in 2022, registering 71 tackles (38 solo), eight passes defensed, a single-season career-high four interceptions, one forced fumble and one tackle for loss.
- In 2021, he started all 15 games, tallying 88 total tackles (67 solo), four passes defensed, three tackles for loss, one interception, one quarterback hit and one fumble recovery.
- He started all 16 games in 2020, recording 107 total tackles (76 solo), a single-season career-high 15 passes defensed, three interceptions, two tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one quarterback hit.
- His third consecutive season with 100-or-more total tackles.
- Started all 16 games in 2019, posting 100 total tackles (71 solo), nine passes defensed, three interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- In his rookie season in 2018, he registered a single-season career-high 111 total tackles (73 solo), seven passes defensed, three interceptions and one defensive touchdown, the first of his career.
- Second-team AP All-Pro (2020).
- PWFA All-Rookie Team (2018).
- Played three seasons (2015-17) at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, NC.
- In 24 games at Wake Forest, 179 tackles (120 solos), 9.5 tackles for losses, six interceptions, nine passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
- Averaged 32.5 return yards on six career interceptions, and his 195 total return yards were the third-most in school history.
- Also was a punt returner, with 26 career returns for 234 yards (9.0) and a TD.
- In 2017, he played in 11 games, totaling 77 tackles (49 solo), six passes defensed, six tackles for loss, one interceptions and one forced fumble.
- Had a 59-yard punt return for a touchdown in the Belk Bowl, it was the first punt return for a touchdown in Wake Forest bowl history.
- In his redshirt freshman year in 2016, he recorded single-season career highs in total tackles (100), interceptions (five) and touchdowns (two), while adding four passes defensed and 3.5 tackles for loss.
- Named a consensus Freshman All-American and earned first-team Freshman All-America honors from the Football Writers Association of America, USA Today, Campus Insiders, ESPN, Athlon and Sports on Earth.
- Runner-up for ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year after finishing second in the ACC with five interceptions.
- Only freshman in the country to return two interceptions for touchdowns in 2016.
- Born in Fort Wayne, IN.
- Attended Snider High School in Fort Wayne, IN.
- Team captain as a senior.
- A two-time first-team all-state selection by the Associated Press in 2013 and 2014.
- Earned first-team all-state honors from USA Today in 2014.
- As a senior in 2014, recorded nine interceptions tying the mark of NFL Hall of Famer Rod Woodson.
- He also played point guard for the Snider basketball team.
- Son of Theresa Ladd.
Jessie Bates credits the influence of his mother in realizing NFL passion | Falcons in Focus Podcast
Safety Jessie Bates III joins Scott Bair and Tori McElhaney in Ticketmaster Studios to take a look back on his journey to Atlanta. Bates talks his mother's influence on his creation of the JB3 Single Mother's Initiative, the goal of signing his second contract and connecting with fellow Falcons defensive backs A.J. Terrell and Casey Hayward. Bates also makes a pledge to single mothers and organizations in Atlanta.
Breaking down Jessie Bates III
Derek Rackley breaks down what makes Jessie Bates III so skilled on the football field.
'Experience is our biggest teacher' | Jessie Bates III's journey to the Atlanta Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed veteran safety Jessie Bates III in Free Agency. Watch his journey from Cincinnati to Atlanta and get a taste of what he will bring to the Falcons this 2023. Welcome to Atlanta.
'GMFB' Jason McCourty breaks down the film in Falcons' big Free Agency moves
Good Morning Football analyst Jason McCourty breaks down some of the key Free Agency moves the Atlanta Falcons have made in the 2023 offseason.