- Played three seasons (2019-21) at the University of California after spending one season (2018) at Independence Community College and two seasons (2016-17) at Virginia Military Institute.
- Recorded 154 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, eight passes defensed, six quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 19 games.
- Named team captain in 2020 and 2021.
- Recorded double-digit tackles six times at Cal.
- Named honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors as a junior in 2019 and tallied 199 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, eight passes defensed, five quarterback hurries and one fumble recovery.
- Recorded 48 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery at Independence Community College in 2018.
- Recorded 27 tackles in 11 games, before redshirting his sophomore season at Virginia Military Institute.
- Native of Aldie, Va. and attended John Champe High School.
- Named the 4A Conference 22 Region Player of the Year and the Loudoun Times Defensive Player of the Year while also being a first-team Loudoun Times selection as a 2015 senior when he had 33 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss, four pass breakups, 2.0 sacks (-17 yards), one fumble recovery and one blocked punt for a team that finished 11-1 overall and reached the quarterfinals of the Group 4A state playoffs
- Added 16 receptions for 334 yards and one touchdown catch as a senior
- Also lettered in basketball.
- Son of Nyarok Chan.
- Graduated from Cal in December of 2020 with a bachelor's degree in American studies before earning graduate certificates in entrepreneurship in May of 2021 and business administration in December of 2021