FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons' 2019 schedule was released on Wednesday, giving fans their first chance to see what awaits the team this season.
And what awaits the Falcons is a pretty important five-week stretch coming out of the bye week during which Atlanta will play five of its six division games for 2019. Here's how that stretch will play out.
- Week 10 - at New Orleans Saints (1 p.m. on FOX)
- Week 11 - at Carolina Panthers (1 p.m. on FOX)
- Week 12 – vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 p.m. on FOX)
- Week 13 (Thanksgiving) – vs. New Orleans Saints (8:20 p.m. on NBC)
- Week 14 – vs. Carolina Panthers (1 p.m. on FOX)
The Falcons had a similar stretch in 2017, playing five NFC South teams in a six-game span. Atlanta became the only NFC team to return to the postseason in 2017 thanks to a 4-1 record in those pivotal five games.
A similar run in 2019 would go a long way in getting the Falcons back to the playoffs. The Falcons swept both the Panthers and the Buccaneers last season, but they lost both of their games against the Saints. Atlanta will now host New Orleans on Thanksgiving night, flipping the roles from last year.