The Falcons didn't have much time to decide on their second fifth round pick Saturday, and they made good by adding to the pass rush, selecting Troy DE Jonathan Massaquoi.
Massaquoi, 6-2, 264, is a native of Liberia, Africa and is the cousin of former Georgia Mohammed Massaquoi and Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe.
Massaquoi led the Trojans in tackles for loss in 2011 and recorded six sacks.
Massaquoi has shown flashes of his immense ability. In his first season playing organized football, as a junior at Central Gwinnett (Ga.) High School, he was rated one of the state's top 60 juniors by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after he recorded 61 tackles and three sacks. In 2006, he registered 87 tackles while getting to the quarterback nine times.
- Bio: Jonathan Massaquoi's Falcons bio
- Photos: Jonathan Massaquoi photo gallery
- Video: Review of his 2010 season
- Video: Play-by-play analysis of his game against Ohio in 2010
- Video: Massaquoi post-practice interview before his sophomore season
- Video: 2010 New Orleans Bowl Media Day