FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Atlanta's rookie class will be taking the fields for the first time this weekend when minicamp gets underway.
Although it'll be a small sample size given the players aren't acclimated with the playbook quite yet, it will still offer a first glimpse of what to expect from this year's rookie class.
Here are the biggest questions to be answered during minicamp:
1. How does Chris Lindstrom move?
One of the first-round pick's best traits is his athleticism. How does he look moving around out on the fields?
2. How fast is Kendall Sheffield, really?
The first thing you'll hear about Kendall Sheffield is his speed. He was named the fastest player in college football at one point. It will be interesting to see just how fast Sheffield is, especially lined up against the wide receivers.
3. Where do the Falcons line John Cominsky up?
One of the main reasons the Falcons drafted Cominsky was because of his versatility. He can play inside and outside. Where does Dan Quinn have him lined up most?
4. How powerful is Qadree Ollison?
Ollison was brought to Atlanta to be the power running back the Falcons need in their offense. How does he look running with the ball?
5. Where does Marcus Green line up most when he's not getting special teams reps?
Marcus Green's main responsibilities will come on special teams, but he can play both wide receiver and running back. Where will he be featured most?
6. How does Jordan Miller track the ball?
Quinn wants ball hawks in his defense. Miller has the long arms to make plays on the ball, will that be on display?
7. Which undrafted free agents make a name for themselves?
Sixteen undrafted free agents will be taking the fields with the draft picks this weekend. Which ones will stand out?
8. Will Kaleb McGary's 'nasty' style show up from Day 1?
Kaleb McGary said he wants opposing defenders to fear him. Will he show that style from Day 1?
9. Will Sheffield get some reps as a returner?
The battle for the returner job will be one of the most interesting ones to watch over the new few months. Given Sheffield's speed, will Quinn throw him back there with new special teams coordinator Ben Kotwica to see what he can do?
10. Does Lindstrom gets some reps at center?
We all know how much Quinn likes to feature his players in different roles. Will he see how Lindstrom fares at center as a potential backup for Alex Mack?