Following the airing of ‘The Setback’ and ‘The Comeback’ video series, Matt Tabeek sat down with Falcons safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen during a recent recording of Falcons Audible podcast to discuss various topics before the 2019 season kicks off.
Neal and Allen also detail the challenges they each faced after suffering season-ending injuries in 2018 and the process of making a return to the field this season. Some other topics discussed:
- The process and journey of rehabbing through their season-ending injuries from last season (2:31)
- Their support systems and people who reached out following the injuries last year (5:08)
- Beek’s word association game! Both played along in a game of word (or phrase) association with Tabeek, comparing and contrasting topics (16:28)
- Preseason debut against the Jets and takeaways from the exhibition game (18:46)
- Breaking down the 2019 schedule, looking ahead to Week 1 against Minnesota Vikings (20:49)
- Dan Quinn becoming defensive coordinator and their roles on the defensive side (24:08)
- Big surprises and takeaways from camp and preseason (25:31)
- Predictions for 2019 (at the end)
If you have a question you'd like to submit you can:
- Straight from the Beek: Click here
Matt Tabeek, the digital managing editor of AtlantaFalcons.com, hosts the show and is joined by two former Falcons quarterback – D.J. Shockley and Dave Archer. Will McFadden is joining Tabeek for training camp episodes and they'll also produce a new yet-to-be-named postgame show during the regular season.
Tabeek joined the Falcons in 2017 after leading the NFL coverage at CBSSports.com, where he worked for seven years. Tabeek has worked in the media since 1998, with stops at The Cincinnati Enquirer, Fayetteville Observer, The Winchester Star and The Journal where he's covered everything from the NFL to college basketball and football to Little League baseball.
Shockley stays busy as a studio analyst for the SEC Network and contributes to the ACC Network, 92.9 The Game and AtlantaFalcons.com. Archer played for the Falcons, Redskins, Chargers and Eagles and is a Falcons radio analyst for 92.9 The Game as well as a contributor to AtlantaFalcons.com.