Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- Today's first practice session is open to the public. Practice begins at 8:30 a.m. with gates opening at 7:30 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, practice will be closed and the team will head to their indoor practice facility. To find out the latest on the weather, follow us on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons, keep checking AtlantaFalcons.com, sign up for Verizon text alerts or call our camp hotline at 770.965.2752.
- The Falcons continue preparations for a short week in Flowery Branch. The team will practice here until Tuesday before departing Tuesday night for Jacksonville for a combined practice session with the Jaguars before the two teams face off Friday night.
- Head coach Mike Smith revealed Sunday that he expects guard Mike Johnson to return to full participation in practice today. Johnson suffered a concussion last week during practice. His return will signify a renewed battle with Garrett Reynolds for the starting right guard spot.
- Wide receiver Julio Jones continues to do nothing but impress during camp practice sessions. Keep an eye on No. 11 if you enjoy being amazed.
- With linebacker Akeem Dent likely out for the game vs. Jacksonville, middle linebackers Coy Wire and Bear Woods will get more snaps this week. While Wire's roster spot is all but wrapped up, Woods needs the extra opportunity to prove he belongs on the roster.
- Smith also said Sunday that defensive end Ray Edwards is making his way back to full participation and his involvement in Friday's game has yet to be determined. Edwards is working his way back from a minor knee procedure during the offseason.