Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- Today's first practice session is open to the public. Practice begins at 8:30 a.m. with gates opening at 7:30 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, practice will be closed and the team will head to their indoor practice facility. To find out the latest on the weather, follow us on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons, keep checking AtlantaFalcons.com, sign up for Verizon text alerts or call our camp hotline at 770.965.2752.
- The Falcons will not be in full pads during the morning session as they wind down preparations for their preseason game vs. Miami. The team will take the field in helmets during the morning session, and the session will largely be spent tightening up the gameplan for Friday night.
- As the first preseason game of the year draws closer, it's time to really focus on the undrafted players and other younger guys who could potentially make the final roster. A couple of players who have stood out to me are WR Brandyn Harvey, S Rafael Priest, LB Bear Woods, CB Darrin Walls, WR Doug Beaumont and RB Phil Sylvester. All will likely have a solid chance to show what they've got Friday night.
- It looks like Garrett Reynolds may have the edge on the right guard position vacated by former Falcon Harvey Dahl, who signed with St. Louis as a free agent. Reynolds has been impressive during camp, and he could see some significant time Friday.
- DE Lawrence Sidbury is at a crowded position, but he is ready to compete, as he told us Tuesday. The rest of camp and the preseason will be his chance to shine.
- With gameday closing in, the Falcons likely will be spending just as much time on the mental reps as the physical ones. Expect a practice session today that will be just as much about knowing the playbook as it will be about executing it.