Each day of 2012 Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp, we'll take a look ahead at the day of practices and break down the storylines and things you need to know as a fan, including position battles, players to keep an eye on and information on what the Falcons are up to.
Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- The Falcons continue 2012 camp with an afternoon practice session, scheduled to run from 3:30-6:05 p.m. The session is open to the public.
- Thus far in camp, the tight end position has been an interesting one to watch. If you're headed to Flowery Branch today, make sure to take note of a couple of guys at the spot not named Tony Gonzalez. Michael Palmer, Tommy Gallarda and LaMark Brown are really having nice camps now six days into it, which could create some interesting dynamics as we head into the preseason Gallarda, in particular, has made some very nice catches, especially Monday..
- Take note of defensive tackle Peria Jerry. The fourth-year player is really showing a lot during camp so far, which is so very important with fellow tackle Corey Peters on the shelf with an injury for the time being. If Jerry can solidify himself at the position during the preseason, he could find himself with more playing time once the season gets going.
- 790 The Zone will be broadcasting live from Flowery Branch on Tuesday from 6-11 a.m. and from 2-6 p.m., and 680 The Fan will also be live from Falcons headquarters from 6-10 a.m. and 12-3 p.m.
- In the event of inclement weather, that forces the team to move to the indoor facility during a practice session open to the public, the Falcons don't have the ability to safely accommodate fans inside. Therefore, practice will close for the day. For up-to-the-minute information on weather issues that could interrupt practice:
- Follow the Falcons on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons
- Like the Falcons on Facebook
- Sign up for text alerts
- Call the Russell Athletic Training Camp Hotline at 770-965-2752
- Visit AtlantaFalcons.com
Crucial Camp Links