On the latest episode of Falcons Audible, Matt Tabeek sat down with Falcons coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff to discuss roster moves, offseason changes and expectations for 2019. Other topics discussed were:
- The behind-the-scenes work on building the Falcons 2019 roster (1:52)
- The running back position rotation and the competitiveness of the group (11:15)
- The process of building a roster and the communication between other teams during roster cut downs (18:27)
- Beek's word association game! Dimitroff and Quinn played a game of word (or phrase) association with Tabeek, comparing and contrasting topics (22:48)
- Dimitroff and Quinn on 2019 expectations (end)
During the podcast, Dimitroff looks back to when Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan completed his first touchdown pass back in 2008 against the Detroit Lions. Here's a video of Ryan and former offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey detailing that play:
If you have a question you'd like to submit you can:
- Straight from the Beek: Click here
About the Falcons Audible cast
Matt Tabeek, the digital managing editor of AtlantaFalcons.com, hosts the show and is joined by two former Falcons quarterback – D.J. Shockley and Dave Archer. Will McFadden is joining Tabeek for training camp episodes and they'll also produce a new yet-to-be-named postgame show during the regular season.
Tabeek joined the Falcons in 2017 after leading the NFL coverage at CBSSports.com, where he worked for seven years. Tabeek has worked in the media since 1998, with stops at The Cincinnati Enquirer, Fayetteville Observer, The Winchester Star and The Journal where he's covered everything from the NFL to college basketball and football to Little League baseball.
Shockley stays busy as a studio analyst for the SEC Network and contributes to the ACC Network, 92.9 The Game and AtlantaFalcons.com. Archer played for the Falcons, Redskins, Chargers and Eagles and is a Falcons radio analyst for 92.9 The Game as well as a contributor to AtlantaFalcons.com.