The Falcons lost in an overtime shootout against the Saints on Sunday, 43-37. It was yet another high-scoring affair between the two teams, and it stressed the depth and talent of each squad.
Six Falcons played every single snap for their unit in the loss, and all of those occurred on offense.
Here are the total snap counts for the Falcons against the Saints, as well as some additional context:
- Tevin Coleman started at running back in place of the injured Devonta Freeman. He carried the ball 15 times for 33 yards, and he also caught two passes for 14 yards and a touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley became the first rookie in Falcons' history to catch three touchdown passes in a single game. He also recorded his first career 100-yard game, catching seven passes for 146 yards and the three scores.
- Russell Gage, the team's sixth-round draft pick in this year's draft, saw his first action of the season on Sunday.
- Ricardo Allen left the game on the second play of overtime with an injury, and the Falcons announced Monday that he will miss the remainder of the 2018 season with a torn Achilles.
- Duke Riley, who continues to start in place of the injured Deion Jones, led all Falcons defenders with 12 tackles against the Saints.
- Brooks Reed started for the Falcons at defensive end in place of the injured Takkarist McKinley.
- Jordan Richards' snap count fell against the Saints compared to the week prior against the Panthers, when he filled in for Damontae Kazee, who was ejected from the game.
- Steven Means saw his first action of the season for the Falcons after signing with the team as a free agent.
- Rookies Isaiah Oliver and Justin Zimmer made their first appearances for the Falcons against the Saints.