Each day of 2012 Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp, we'll take a look ahead at the day of practices and break down the storylines and things you need to know as a fan, including position battles, players to keep an eye on and information on what the Falcons are up to.
Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- The Falcons continue 2012 camp with an afternoon practice session, scheduled to run from 3:30-6:05 p.m. The session is open to the public and the Falcons will be wearing pads during practice.
- Julio Jones continues to amaze at training camp. He's a player that you should always keep an eye on. On Saturday, he made some of the prettiest catches in practice that I've seen him make, particularly one during 7-on-7s when he went up over Brent Grimes and seemed to hang in the air while the ball fell to him. With two hands on the ball, Jones pulled it down and scampered in for the TD. The crowd loved every second of the play.
- The Falcons released offensive guard Vince Manuwai on Saturday between practices with head coach Mike Smith saying that too many guards created muddy waters. Meanwhile at right guard, Garrett Reynolds has seen a lot of action and looks to show some improvement after starting with the position at the beginning of 2011.
- The Falcons continue with Youth Weekend at camp Sunday with tons of activities for kids. Freddie Falcon and some of the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders will be on hand, along with games and contests.
- In the event of inclement weather, that forces the team to move to the indoor facility during a practice session open to the public, the Falcons don't have the ability to safely accommodate fans inside. Therefore, practice will close for the day. For up-to-the-minute information on weather issues that could interrupt practice:
Crucial Camp Links