The last time these clubs met in the regular season, the Falcons were handed their first loss of the 2015 season, 31-21, in New Orleans.
Coaching Matchup: Falcons: Dan Quinn
Dan Quinn's team knocked off the formally undefeated Carolina Panthers, 20-13, to improve their record to 8-7 on the season.Saints: Sean Payton
Sean Payton and the Saints improved to 6-9 on the year after defeating the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 16, 38-27.
Falcons Offense vs. Saints Defense
- Atlanta's offense ranks ninth in the NFL in total yards (371. 4 yards per game), seventh in passing offense (270.1 yards per game) and third in third down offense (46.0).
- New Orleans' defense ranks 31st in total defense allowing only 413.4 yards per game.
- To continue with their balanced attack on offense, Kyle Shanahan's group will emphasize getting their 17th ranked rushing attack involved early on in the game.
- The dynamic duo of Julio Jones (1,722) and Devonta Freeman (1,540) have combined for 3,262 total yards from scrimmage this season, the most by any two teammates in the League.
- The Saints' defense has a total of 30 sacks, which ranks 24th in the NFL. New Orleans has also forced 20 turnovers on the year. Their 11 fumble recoveries are tied for the fourth most in the NFL this season.
- Falcons' WR Julio Jones leads in the NFL in receptions (127) and receiving yards (1,277) entering the final game. He has an opportunity to become the first player in NFL history to post 130 catches and 1,800 yards in a single season.
Falcons Defense vs. Saints Offense
- The Falcons' pass defense has been steady all season long and is tied for seventh in the NFL with 15 interceptions.
- New Orleans' passing offense ranks first in the NFL (309.8 yards per game).
- Atlanta has tallied 22 takeaways this season, which is the 14th most in the NFL season.
- New Orleans' WR Brandin Cooks leads the Saints in catches with 79 for 1,116 yards and nine touchdowns.
- Quinn's defense has steadily improved this season and ranks 14th in scoring defense giving up only 21.7 points per game on average.
- Drew Brees is having another stellar season. He has completed 396 of 585 passes for 4,547 yards with 31 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. His passing yards (4,547, third), touchdowns (31, tied for sixth) and passer rating (100.7, tied for fifth) all rank in the top-10 in the NFL.