The Falcons hold a two-game winning streak against the Buccaneers.
Coaching Matchup:Falcons: Dan Quinn
Dan Quinn enters Sunday's NFC South showdown at 6-1.The rookie head coach is the first head coach in NFL history to start 5-0 after his team trailed in the fourth quarter of four of its first five games.
Buccaneers: Lovie Smith
Lovie Smith is in his second season as Tampa Bay's head coach and is 2-4 approaching Sunday.
Falcons Offense vs. Buccaneers Defense
- Following Sunday's game against the Titans, the Falcons' offense has now has rushed for over 100 yards in five consecutive games.
- Tampa Bay's defense has limited their opponents to 3.75 yards per carry, which ranks seventh in the NFL.
- Falcons' RB Devonta Freeman ranks first in the League in rushing touchdowns (9), rushing yards (621) and total yards from scrimmage (931).
- Lovie Smith's defense ranks fifth in the NFL in pass defense (219.5 ypg), tied for second in the NFL in forced fumbles (9) and fourth in fumble recoveries (6).
- Atlanta's offense has converted 46.1 percent of their third downs, which ranks third in the NFL.
- The Buccaneers' defense has tallied 16 sacks on the season. DE Jacquies Smith (5) and DT Gerald McCoy (4.5) account for 9.5 of the 16.
Falcons Defense vs. Buccaneers Offense
- Atlanta's defense ranks second in rushing (78.6 ypg) after seven games, and has yet to allow a 100-yard rusher this season.
- Rookie QB Jameis Winston leads Tampa Bay's offense. In his last two games, Winston has gone 34 of 48 for 506 yards and thrown for three touchdowns without an interception.
- The Falcons' defense has forced 12 turnovers in the first seven games of the season.
- Tampa Bay's second-year WR Mike Evans leads the Buccaneers in receptions with 21 for 338 yards with one touchdown.
- Dan Quinn's defense ranks 13th in total yards (353.3), 11th in forced fumbles (6) and tied for sixth in interceptions (8).
- Buccaneers' RB Doug Martin has three touchdowns this season on 109 rushes for 541 total yards. Martin averages five yards per carry.