The Atlanta Falcons host their third preseason game Saturday at the Georgia Dome against the Tennessee Titans and a parking advisory has been issued for fans traveling to the game.
Fans should anticipate many changes as the result of the construction on the New Atlanta Stadium. The construction area is over a million square feet and is adjacent to the Georgia Dome. The fence line for the new stadium project is only 10 feet, 4 inches from the Dome in some areas.
Falcons fans attending Saturday's game will want to familiarize themselves with the following changes:
- The New Atlanta Stadium construction project is taking place in the area that was the orange lot, purple lot, brown lot and silver lot. Resulting in about 1,300 fewer parking spots around the Dome.
- The New Atlanta Stadium construction project also forced the closure of Georgia Dome Drive along with portions of Mitchell St. and MLK Jr. Dr. Click here to get alternate routes to lots around the Georgia Dome from all directions.
- Mangum Street was also redesigned around the New Atlanta Stadium construction project.
- The ticket office/will call windows have moved to the other side of the building and can now be found between gates B and C, look for the large balloons!
Recommendations for Fans to get to the Dome in the quickest and easiest manor:
- The absolute easiest way is to take MARTA! Many MARTA stations offer FREE parking and the train drops off just steps from the Dome. More information on riding MARTA to the Georgia Dome can be found here: http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Marta.aspx
- Fans driving to the Dome should plan to pre-purchase parking. Advanced parking is very limited, but will guarantee a spot in one of our official parking lots (while supplies last). Event parking can be purchased here: http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Parking.aspx
- Fans who already have a parking pass should use the Falcons interactive traffic map to find the quickest route to your lot: http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/atlanta_falcons/
- Plan to arrive early, parking lots will open at 2 p.m. Doors to the Dome will open at 5 p.m. and kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.
- The NFL Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this and all Falcons game this season. Complete info on the NFL bag policy can be found at http://www.atlantafalcons.com/nfl-all-clear.html
- Please be a good neighbor to all of our friends who live near the Dome, parking is at a premium on event days and sometimes a spot is impossible to find. Do not park in unauthorized areas in the local neighborhoods or you risk being ticketed and/or towed.