Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- Today's first practice session is open to the public, and it is the final session that will be open to the public. Practice begins at 8:30 a.m. with gates opening at 7:30 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, practice will be closed and the team will head to their indoor practice facility. To find out the latest on the weather, follow us on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons, keep checking AtlantaFalcons.com, sign up for Verizon text alerts or call our camp hotline at 770.965.2752.
- The Falcons break camp today with two sessions — the morning practice consisting of full pads and the afternoon a short walkthrough. Players will be excited to wrap up what has been a grueling camp, despite having to endure fewer practice sessions due to the new CBA rules. While camp may be finishing up, position battles are far from determined. Keep an eye on the right guard, nickelback and punter spots.
- The Falcons are coming off their second straight preseason loss, and head coach Mike Smith knows the things his team needs to work on. Sunday morning's session should be precise and crisp with the pointed areas of needed improvement being worked on.
- Wide receiver Matt Ryan has proven during the preseason that he's on a mission. His practices during camp have been a sight to behold. The fourth-year player is definitely one to keep an eye on Sunday.
- If cornerback Dunta Robinson isn't ready to start practicing yet, CBs Chris Owens and Dominique Franks will get his snaps opposite Brent Grimes. The two are locked in a close battle for the nickelback spot and it's been fun to watch.
- Defensive end Ray Edwards didn't play in Friday's game against Jacksonville, but the free-agent signee is nearly back to 100 percent after a minor knee procedure during the offseason. He had a great practice in Jacksonville during the combined session with the Jags and got in some full contact. He'll be one to watch as he continues his comeback.