FLOWERY BRANCH -- The Falcons will face another NFL team for the first time in over six months when they take the field against the Miami Dolphins on Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET.
Atlanta has held 12 practices thus far in training camp, including a walkthrough on Wednesday, but this first preseason game will provide coach Dan Quinn and his staff with an evaluation of his players against live competition.
"There's so many evaluations to get on all the players," Quinn said after Tuesday's practice. "I do love this time, and so many guys are going to be going for it, trying to put their best foot forward, and for a coach – and certainly with our staff – it's an exciting time. We love seeing these games."
A few familiar faces won't see any action against Miami. Quinn named receivers Julio Jones and Taylor Gabriel among those who will be inactive, as well as backup tackle Kevin Graf, defensive end Martin Ifedi and running back Kelvin Taylor. There are also a few players who may be game-time decisions, including first-round pick Takkarist McKinley.
One player who will be dressed out for the game, however, is Pro Bowl running back Devonta Freeman, who signed a five-year contract extension on Wednesday morning.
There will undoubtedly be some Falcons fans in attendance to watch the reigning NFC champions in action, but for those who will be staying home, we've got you covered.
How to watch
- What:Atlanta Falcons vs. Miami Dolphins
- When: Thursday, Aug. 10, 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
* Atlanta – CW/69 * Augusta, Columbus – Fox/54 * Macon – Fox/24 * Savannah – CBS/11 * Albany – NBC/10
* Announcers:Play-by-play – Justin Kutcher, Color analyst – Coy Wire * Online: NFL Game Pass * Radio: 92.9 *The Game *is the Falcons' official radio network. For a list of radio affiliates outside of Atlanta, click here.
- Mostly cloudy
- 85 degrees
- 20 percent precipitation
- 72 percent humidity
The Brotherhood is back