FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- It'll go down as just another exhibition game in the standings, but the Falcons' third preseason game of 2017 will mark a special date in the franchise's history. When the Cardinals and Falcons kick things off at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, it'll be the first game ever played inside the one-of-a-kind Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Although Atlanta is 0-2 this preseason, there have been strong performances from the starting offensive and defensive units. As he continues his evaluations, coach Dan Quinn said he would like to see the same standard of excellence applied in the second half.
"The standard is the same for all of us," Quinn said during his Tuesday press conference. "So, yeah, that's a bummer to get outscored in the second half, because what you want to avoid is, 'that's OK, the first group did this, the second group didn't,' or however you look at it. When we're playing, we're just a group. We make the corrections for everybody."
For those fans who can't make the game, here is all the information you need to catch the action.
HOW TO WATCH
- What:Atlanta Falcons vs. Arizona Cardinals
- When: Saturday, Aug. 23, 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Ga.
* Atlanta – CW/69 * Augusta, Columbus – FOX/54 * Macon – FOX/24 * Savannah – CBS/11 * Albany – NBC/10
* Announcers:Play-by-play – Justin Kutcher, Color analyst – Coy Wire * Online: NFL Game Pass (out-of-market games can be viewed live) * Radio: 92.9 The Game is the Falcons' official radio network. For a list of radio affiliates outside of Atlanta, click here. Fans who also have Sirius or XM Radio can find a list of NFL games, here.
If you plan on tailgating, here's the current forecast for Saturday, according to The Weather Channel
- Partly cloudy
- High/low: 82/67
- 20 percent chance of precipitation
- 63 percent humidity
Injury update Quinn confirmed on Wednesday that the Falcons will be without starting running back Devonta Freeman for the third preseason game. Freeman also missed last week's game against the Steelers, as he continues to progress through the NFL's concussion protocol. Rookie cornerback Damontae Kazee will also be held out of Saturday's game due to a sprained ankle.