FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Wide receiver Julio Jones (ankle/thumb) and tight end Levine Toilolo (knee) were sidelined at practiced on Wednesday as the Falcons prepare for their final regular-season game against the Carolina Panthers.
Toilolo suffered the knee injury on Sunday when the Falcons played the New Orleans Saints.
Jones is dealing with the same injury that kept him out of practice for one day last week. The Pro Bowl receiver returned to practice on Thursday and Friday and caught seven passes for 149 yards in the loss to the Saints.
Three starters on Atlanta's offensive line were also limited: Guard Andy Levitre was limited after missing Sunday's game – his third consecutive game missed with a triceps injury. Center Alex Mack was limited with a calf injury and Wes Schweitzer with a groin injury.
For Carolina, four notable names were on their injury report. Quarterback Cam Newton was limited with a right shoulder injury. Linebacker Shaq Thompson (foot), running back Jonathan Stewart (rest) and defensive end Julius Peppers (rest) all did not practice.
Here's the complete list for the Panthers:
• DE Mario Addison (hip) – limited
• S Kurt Coleman (ankle) – did not participate
• WR Devin Funchess (shoulder) – limited
• C Ryan Kalil (shoulder) – limited
• QB Cam Newton (right shoulder) – limited
• OL Andrew Norwell (ankle) – limited
• LB Spencer Paysinger (ankle) – limited
• WR Russell Shepard (shoulder) – limited
• LB Shaq Thompson (foot) – did not participate
• OL Trai Turner (concussion) – limited