FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons were back to work on Thursday, preparing for a Monday night prime-time matchup in Tampa against the Buccaneers. And they were doing so without the services of defensive end Adrian Clayborn (hamstring), running back Tevin Coleman (concussion) and Andy Levitre (triceps).
Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (knee), tight end Eric Saubert (back) and guard Wes Schweitzer (groin) were all limited participants in practice.
As the week begins for the Falcons, Falcons coach Dan Quinn did not have an update on Coleman's potential availability for Monday night. Coleman's been a significant asset to Atlanta's offense this season recording 838 yards of total offense and seven touchdowns.
The Falcons (8-5) were without Levitre in the Week 14 win over the Saints with Ben Garland filling his role. Clayborn has been one of the Falcons best defensive players this year contributing nine sacks.
As for the Buccaneers (4-9), Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (biceps) and linebacker Lavonte David (hamstring) did not practice. If McCoy is unable to play, Quinn said the Falcons are preparing for Robert Ayers to fill his position. Tight end Cameron Brate (hip) and cornerback Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring) were among those limited.
Here is the full injury report for the Buccaneers following Thursday's practice:
- TE Cameron Brate (hip) – limited
- LB Lavonte David (hamstring) – did not participate
- CB Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring) – limited
- OL Joe Hawley (illness) – did not participate
- DT Gerald McCoy (biceps) – did not participate
- DT Clinton McDonald (back) – limited
- S Josh Robinson (hamstring) – limited
- OL Donavan Smith (shoulder) – limited
- OL J.R. Sweezy (shin) – did not participate