ATLANTA-- Game Notes from the Falcons-Ravens preseason game at the Georgia Dome on Sept. 3, 2009.
- The Falcons ended the 2009 preseason with a 2-2 record, marking the sixth year the team finished with a non-losing preseason.
- Falcons quarterback Matt Ryanstarted under center against Baltimore and in his only series, completed one pass for 13 yards. In four preseason games, Ryan completed 27 of 36 passes for 267 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions for a 114.0 passer rating.
- Defensive ends Jamal Anderson, Kroy Biermannand Maurice Lucas and 2009 first round draft pick Peria Jerryall tallied sacks against the Ravens. This preseason the Falcons defense collectively logged eight quarterback sacks.
- Kicker Jason Elam split the uprights on a 45-yard field goal with 24 seconds remaining in the second quarter giving the Falcons their first points of the game.
- Following a Ravens touchdown on their opening offensive possession, the Falcons defense recorded three-and-outs on the next three Ravens possessions holding the offensive to a combined total of four yards on those drives.
- Falcons running backThomas Brown posted his longest rush in the preseason with a 25-yard scamper in the third quarter. Brown led the team in rushing with 11 carries for 39 yards.
MORE FROM THE FALCONS-RAVENS GAME:
- GAME CENTER:Stats and more fromthe NFL.com Game Center
- GAMEDAY LIVE:Complete coverage from the AF.com team
- BLOGS:J. Michael Moore's blog posts from Sept. 3, 2009
- POLL:What are your thoughts about upcoming roster moves?
- GAME NOTES:Official game notes from the Georgia Dome press box
- FIRST TAKE:Head Coach Mike Smith | Jerry | Ryan | Brown
- NFL NETWORK:Highlights from the Falcons final preseason game
- QUOTES:Falcons players and coaches | Ravens
- BOARDS:Talk about the Falcons loss to the Baltimore Ravens