ATLANTA-- Game Notes from the Falcons-Chargers preseason game at the Georgia Dome on August 29, 2009.
- With 14 seconds remaining on the clock, quarterback Chris Redmanfound wide receiver Eric Weemsfor a 5-yard game-winning touchdown. Redman finished the contest having completed 15 of 19 passes for 134 yards and one touchdown.
- Redman entered the game in the third quarter and posted a Falcons touchdown on his first offensive possession. He completed eight of nine passes for 71 yards and his 10-yard rush while eluding a sack went for the score.
- The Falcons posted a touchdown on their second offensive possession of the game, which was capped off by a 12-yard touchdown reception to Brian Finneran. Atlanta drove 70 yards on nine plays, which was highlighted by a Roddy White22-yard reception, taking the Falcons into the red zone.
- Brian Finneran recorded his first touchdown reception since a 2008 regular season game contest New Orleans in Week 14. The TD catch tied the game at 7-7 in the first quarter.
- Following a 27-yard kickoff return by running back Thomas Brown, quarterback Matt Ryansuccessfully led the Falcons on a 47-yard two minute drive, which led to a kicker Jason Elam 39-yard field goal to end the first half.
- Falcons cornerbackBrent Grimesposted his first NFL sack for a loss of 10 yards in the second quarter.
- On Atlanta's fourth offensive drive of the game, Matt Ryan completed three of four passes for 27 yards and contributed with a 10-yard rush. The drive led to a Jason Elam 40-yard field goal.
- Elam split the uprights with a 40-yard field goal in the second quarter and added his second attempt of the game on a 39-yard attempt at the end of half to cut the Chargers lead to 21-13. In three preseason games, Elam has converted all six of his field goal attempts.
- Following three preseason games, quarterback Matt Ryan has completed 26 of 35 passes for 254 yards and two touchdowns for a 113.3 passer rating. Ryan also remains interception free.
- Wide receiver Marty Booker led the team in receiving with six catches for 62 yards. Booker was acquired by the Falcons as a free agent on August 6, 2009.
MORE FROM THE FALCONS-CHARGERS GAME:
- GAME CENTER:Stats and more from the Falcons preseason win
- BLOGS:J. Michael Moore's blog posts from Aug. 29, 2009
- POLLS:Share your thoughts on the preseason win
- FIRST TAKE:Head Coach Mike Smith | Redman | Ryan | Finneran | Clabo
- QUOTES:Falcons game quotes | Chargers
- GAME NOTES:Official game notes from the Georgia Dome press box
- NFL NETWORK:Game highlights and more from NFL Network
- PHOTOS:[Images from the Falcons come-from-behind win](http://origin.atlantafalcons.com/MediaLounge/PhotoLanding.aspx?q=San Diego)