Falcons team photographer Jimmy Cribb selects his top five photos from the 2011 season. Click each photo to view it larger:
5) Julio Jones made plenty of incredible plays during his rookie season and Jimmy was there to capture them all. Against Carolina during the second half, Jones made a catch near the goal line but had some work to do to get into the endzone. Jimmy was right there as Jones made the athletic stretch for six points.
4) Speaking of Jones, he made another outstanding play against Tampa when the Bucs visited the Georgia Dome to finish the regular season. After catching a pass in traffic, Jones went to the ground but had the presence of mind to realize he hadn't been touched. As he got up and began to run toward the goal line, Jones delivered a strong stiffarm to get into the endzone.
3) Defensive end John Abraham is always good for a few great photos each year as he consistently finds himself helping quarterbacks off the ground after demolishing them in the backfield. Here, Jimmy catches the aftermath of Abe preying on Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman.
2) Tony Gonzalez made one of the most incredible catches of the year during a Week 2 Sunday Night Football matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles — a one-handed stab in the back of the endzone for a score right before halftime. Jimmy was there to catch it right along with Tony.
1) One of the biggest plays of the year wasn't the flashiest and it didn't finish as a score, but Michael Turner trucking over Titans DB Michael Griffith during a Week 10 win over Tennessee was certainly fun to watch. Our top photo just about sums up the brutality of the play.
More Best of 2011