Each day of 2012 Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp, we'll take a look ahead at the day of practices and break down the storylines and things you need to know as a fan, including position battles, players to keep an eye on and information on what the Falcons are up to.
Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- The Falcons continue 2012 camp with an afternoon practice session, scheduled to run from 3:30-6:05 p.m. The session is open to the public.
- The Falcons are coming off their first off-day of 2012 camp, which means the team should be well-rested after getting off their feet for a day. The intensity was very high the last time they were on the field Tuesday as head coach Mike Smith ended the day with an impromptu live hitting session for rookies and backups. It's unlikely that we'll see much more of that before camp is up, but it certainly set the tone for the rest of the preseason and gave the first-year players their first sense of NFL game speed.
- It's rare when we point you toward the quarterback position in this spot because Matt Ryan is always a give to keep an eye on, but rookie Dominique Davis has been turning some heads in camp. After watching Davis through minicamps and OTAs, I'll tell you that he can really sling a ball around. There seems to be a ton of heat coming off his passes. The East Carolina product will be looking to crack into one of the backup spots behind Ryan.
- In the event of inclement weather, that forces the team to move to the indoor facility during a practice session open to the public, the Falcons don't have the ability to safely accommodate fans inside. Therefore, practice will close for the day. For up-to-the-minute information on weather issues that could interrupt practice:
- Follow the Falcons on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons
- Like the Falcons on Facebook
- Sign up for text alerts
- Call the Russell Athletic Training Camp Hotline at 770-965-2752
- Visit AtlantaFalcons.com
Crucial Camp Links