Each day of 2012 Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp, we'll take a look ahead at the day of practices and break down the storylines and things you need to know as a fan, including position battles, players to keep an eye on and information on what the Falcons are up to.
Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- The Falcons continue 2012 camp with an afternoon practice session, scheduled to run from 3:30-6:05 p.m. The session is open to the public.
- The Falcons strapped on the pads for the first time Sunday and got some light hitting going. No tempers flared and everything during the session remained at an intense, yet safe pace. As camp wears on and we get into what head coach Mike Smith calls the "dog days" of camp, things could get a little more intense and perhaps chippy. But for the first day in pads, Sunday provided a good look at how some players are progressing.
- I mentioned Sunday in this space that guard Garrett Reynolds has looked very good during the first few days of camp, and Smith confirmed that analysis Sunday after practice by saying that Reynolds is going to get a shot to run with the first team offense and, as of right now, is the No. 1 right guard. It will be interesting to see how that progresses or changes as the preseason looms.
- 790 The Zone will be broadcasting live from Flowery Branch on Monday from 6-11 a.m., and 680 The Fan will also be live from Falcons headquarters from 6-10 a.m. and 12-3 p.m.
- In the event of inclement weather, that forces the team to move to the indoor facility during a practice session open to the public, the Falcons don't have the ability to safely accommodate fans inside. Therefore, practice will close for the day. For up-to-the-minute information on weather issues that could interrupt practice:
- Follow the Falcons on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons
- Like the Falcons on Facebook
- Sign up for text alerts
- Call the Russell Athletic Training Camp Hotline at 770-965-2752
- Visit AtlantaFalcons.com Follow along with our real-time info stream