Each day of 2012 Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp, we'll take a look ahead at the day of practices and break down the storylines and things you need to know as a fan, including position battles, players to keep an eye on and information on what the Falcons are up to.
Here are today's top things to keep an eye on:
- Today is the final day Russell Athletic Atlanta Falcons Training Camp is open to the public. Practice will run from 3:30-6:05 p.m., and gates open at 2:30.
- The Falcons made a host of roster moves Saturday, signing veterans Chase Coffman and Lousaka Polite. Fans got a first look at Coffman on the practice field Saturday as he worked in with the offense. Polite, because this is his first camp since last year, has to wait three days after he signs before he can start practicing, per NFL rules.
- With the wide receiver battle raging on this weekend, keep an eye on Drew Davis. The Oregon product is battling for the No. 5 spot and saw plenty of time during last Thursday's game, even with the first-team. Could Davis be in the lead for the final spot? It's a question that'll likely be answered in a few weeks, but Davis has looked very good during camp and seems to get his fair share of reps.
- In the event of inclement weather, that forces the team to move to the indoor facility during a practice session open to the public, the Falcons don't have the ability to safely accommodate fans inside. Therefore, practice will close for the day. For up-to-the-minute information on weather issues that could interrupt practice:
- Follow the Falcons on Twitter @Atlanta_Falcons
- Like the Falcons on Facebook
- Sign up for text alerts
- Call the Russell Athletic Training Camp Hotline at 770-965-2752
- Visit AtlantaFalcons.com
Crucial Camp Links