The Falcons and Vikings last met in 2014, where the Falcons lost 41-28 in Minneapolis. QB Matt Ryan went 24-of-41 for 298 yards and threw for three touchdowns. WR Roddy White hauled in a 24-yard touchdown pass from Ryan for his 57thcareer touchdown reception.
Falcons: Dan Quinn
Dan Quinn and his team return to the Georgia Dome at 6-4 looking for their first home win since Week 5 against the Washington Redskins.
Vikings: Mike Zimmer
In his second season as Minnesota's head coach, Zimmer's team enters Sunday's matchup at 7-3. Zimmer was the defensive coordinator for the Falcons for the 2007 season.
Falcons Offense vs. Vikings Defense
- Atlanta's offense ranks fourth in the NFL in total yards (399.5 yards per game) and ninth in points per game (25.0 points per game).
- Minnesota's defense ranks ninth in total defense allowing 334.9 yards per game.
- Devonta Freeman and the Falcons' rushing attack ranks 13th with an average of 112.5 yards per game. Freeman is perhaps the most complete back in the NFL this season. The second-year running back ranks fourth in total yards from scrimmage (1,184), fifth in rushing yards (709) and first rushing touchdowns (9).
- The Vikings' defense led by defensive end Everson Griffen, has 23 sacks which ranks 15th in the NFL. Griffen is responsible for 6.5 of the sacks.
- Falcons' WR Julio Jones ranks first in the NFL in both in receiving yards (1,189) and receptions (89).
- Safety Harrison Smith leads the Vikings in tackles (54) and has a sack, interception and forced fumble. Minnesota's secondary is ranked sixth in pass defense (224.8yards per game).
Falcons Defense vs. Vikings Offense
- The Falcons' run defense has been consistently solid all season. Quinn's defense ranks first in the NFL against the run, allowing only 87.4 yards per game.
- Minnesota's rushing offense ranks fourth in the NFL (141.9 yards per game).
- Atlanta has tallied 17 takeaways this season, which is 11th most in the NFL season.
- Vikings' RB Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 208 rushes for 1,006 yards and six touchdowns.
- Quinn's defense has steadily improved this season and ranks 10th in the league in total yards (335.7).
- Vikings' WR Stefon Diggs is leading the Vikings in receiving with 36 grabs for 573 yards with two touchdowns.