The weather is perfect for practice in Flowery Branch as the Falcons prepare for their game against the Titans on Sunday in Nashville. Here are photos of the Falcons at work in Week 7.
Last Meeting:The Falcons and Titans haven't met since 2011 where the Falcons won at the Georgia Dome, 23-17.Key Stat: QB Matt Ryan threw for 316 yards and a touchdown the last time the Falcons and Titans faced each other.
* *Coaching Matchup:Falcons: Dan Quinn Quinn enters Sunday's game 5-1 with a 1-0 record against the AFC South in his first year as head coach.Titans: Ken Whisenhunt In his second season with the Titans, Whisenhunt is currently 1-4.
Interesting Note: Titans' head coach Ken Whisenhunt played for the Falcons as a tight end from 1985-1988.
The Breakdown:Falcons Offense vs. Titans Defense
- The Falcons' offense has rushed for over 100 yards in four consecutive games. RB Devonta Freeman's 10 touchdowns lead the NFL.
- Tennessee's defense ranks third in yards allowed, with an average of 313.6 per game.
- Atlanta's offense is averaging 30.5 points a game, which ranks third in the League.
- Former GT standout, Titans' LB Derrick Morgan ranks in the top five of the NFL in sacks with 4.5 on the season.
- The Falcons' offensive line led by former Titan, Andy Levitre, has helped clear the way for Atlanta's ground game that is fourth in the NFL at 130 yards per game.
Falcons Defense vs. Titans Offense
- Atlanta's defense ranks first in rushing defense (78.8 ypg) and has not allowed a 100-yard rusher in the first six games.
- Tennessee's rookie QB Marcus Mariota has completed 103 of 161 passes for a total of 1,239 yard with nine touchdowns and five interceptions. Mariota injured his knee in the Titans' last game and his status for Sunday is uncertain. If Mariota is ruled out, Zach Mettenberger will start at QB for the Titans. Mettenberger has appeared in nine games and has completed 112 of 187 passes for 1,475 yards with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Dan Quinn's defense has forced 10 turnovers and is tied for 13th in the NFL in turnover differential.
- The Titans' offense is reliant upon TE Delanie Walker who has 22 receptions for 244 yards with one touchdown. WR Kendall Wright is also one of Mariota's key targets. Wright and Walker have combined for 42 catches for 520 yards with three touchdowns in five games.
- Third-year corners Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford lead the Falcons' secondary. Former Falcon and now Titans receiver, Harry Douglas, is currently dealing with a rib injury that kept him out of practice on Wednesday. If Douglas is unable to go on Sunday, rookie WR Dorial Green-Beckham is likely next up.
- Tennessee's offensive line has given up the fourth-most sacks in the NFL at 20. They also recently placed their starting center Brian Schwenke on injured reserve.