Sunday is the first time Atlanta and Carolina will square off against one another this season.
Falcons: Dan Quinn
Dan Quinn and his team hit the road at 6-6, and for the second straight week will face an NFC South opponent. The Falcons are 0-3 in the division.
Panthers: Ron Rivera
In his fifth season with the Panthers, Rivera's team enters the Week 14 contest as the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL.
Falcons Offense vs. Panthers Defense
- Atlanta's offense ranks fifth in the NFL in total yards (386.87 yards per game) and sixth in passing offense (277.9 yards per game).
- Carolina's defense ranks third in total defense allowing 314.3 yards per game.
- The Falcons will look to have a more balanced attack on offense this week with a lot of emphasis on getting their 16th ranked rushing attack going.
- The dynamic duo of Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman have combined for 2,625 total yards this season, the most by any two teammates in the league.
- DT Kawann Short leads the Panthers in sacks with seven of the team's 35 sacks.
- Falcons' WR Julio Jones ranks first in the NFL in both receiving yards (1,338) and receptions (102).
Falcons Defense vs. Panthers Offense
- The Falcons' run defense has been consistently solid all season. Quinn's defense ranks 12th in the NFL against the run, allowing only 102.6 yards per game.
- Carolina's rushing offense ranks third in the NFL averaging 141.9 yards per game.
- Atlanta has tallied 20 takeaways this season, which is the 11th most in the NFL season.
- Panthers' TE Greg Olsen leads his team in receptions (62) and receiving yards (917) in addition to six touchdowns.
- Quinn's defense has steadily improved this season and ranks 16th in the league in total yards (342.5).
- Carolina QB Cam Newton has passed for 2,797 yards with 25 touchdowns. He is also a weapon in the Panthers' ground game as he has seven rushing touchdowns.