With the No. 126th pick in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons selected running back Ito Smith out of Southern Mississippi on Saturday.
- **Complete Falcons schedule** | **Tickets**
- 2018 NFL Draft Tracker: **Falcons picks**
- WATCH: Smith on phone, reacts to selection
- LOOK: Images of Ito Smith at Southern Miss
WHY HE FITS
The Falcons have a spot available at the third running back spot on their roster, and Smith offers the ability to help as a receiver out of the backfield. An extremely productive player at Southern Miss., Smith has good one-cut ability and his versatility to help in the passing game should fit in with the Falcons' offense.
The 5-foot-9, 195-pound Smith is one of just 10 players in NCAA history to finish his career with at least 4,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards – he finished his four-year career at Southern Miss. with 4,538 yards and 42 touchdowns on the ground while averaging 5.5 yards per carry, and he caught 140 passes for 1,446 yards and seven touchdowns. Smith brings good versatility to Atlanta, and he also contributed some as a returner in college.
Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com
- Grade: A
- Comment: "Smith has amazing jump-cut ability, vision, and is tremendous in the screen game."