The last time these clubs met, the Falcons came away with a one point home victory over the Redskins. Sunday's game will be the 23rd all-time matchup between the two franchises.
Falcons: Dan Quinn
First-year head coach Dan Quinn enters Sunday's game undefeated. A win on Sunday will make his team undefeated against the NFC East.
Redskins: Jay Gruden
Jay Gruden is in his second season with the Washington Redskins. His team sits at 2-2, with a recent win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
Key Quote: "I think on both sides of the line of scrimmage they feature a good run defense," Quinn said. "We do as well. We're able to run the ball. They're a terrific running team, so there will be great matchups across the board on both sides of the line of scrimmage. We're looking forward to it."
Falcons Offense vs. Redskins Defense
- The Falcons have scored eight touchdowns on drives lasting 10-plays or more, which leads the NFL. Atlanta is tied for second in the League with 11 10-play drives.
- The Redskins' defense ranks fourth in total defense (288.0 ypg), ninth in passing defense and second in rush defense (78.0).
- Atlanta's tackles will be tested by Washington's OLB Ryan Kerrigan, who last season had 13.5 sacks and forced five fumbles.
- Falcons' RB Devonta Freeman ranks first in the NFL in scoring after four weeks, in addition to ranking first in rushing touchdowns.
- Washington's defense tallied five sacks and eight quarterback hits against Sam Bradford and the Eagles.
- Atlanta's 137 points scored are second most in NFL, trailing Arizona (148).
Falcons Defense vs. Redskins Offense
- Atlanta's defense ranks fifth in NFL in rushing defense after four games.
- Alfred Morris and rookie Matt Jones, who leads the NFC rookies with 200 rushing yards, spearhead the Redskins' rushing attack.
- The Falcons' defense has forced eight turnovers in the first four games of the season and has a plus-6 turnover differential.
- Atlanta is tied for second in turnover differential entering Week 5. Redskins' WR Pierre Garcon had seven catches for 129 yards and a touchdown the last time these clubs met.
- Washington's Kirk Cousins threw two interceptions and threw for three touchdowns when then Redskins fell to the Falcons in 2013.
- Falcons' CB Desmond Trufant recorded his first career touchdown in Atlanta's most recent win over the Texans. The touchdown was the Falcons' first defensive touchdown of the season.