The Falcons headed to the Land of 10,000 Lakes for a Sunday afternoon game against the Minnesota Vikings. Check out these pictures of gameday.
1. Comeback Attempt Falls Short:Trailing the Vikings 38-28 with 3:38 to play in the fourth quarter, Falcons QB Matt Ryan and the offense were prepared for an epic 10-point comeback, which unfortunately fell short in the 41-28 loss on Sunday. Ryan was picked off by Vikings S Harrison Smith, leading to the game's final score, a 33-yard FG by Vikings K Blair Walsh. Ryan finished 25 of 41 for 298 yards, with 3 TDs and 2 INTs on the day.
- Injury-Plagued Contest:* *The Atlanta Falcons suffered huge blows in Sunday's contest, losing several key players to injury, most notably on their offensive line. Starting offensive linemen Justin Blalock (back), Joe Hawley (knee) and Lamar Holmes (foot) each left the games with injuries, and with OL Ryan Schraeder and James Stone inactive for the Week 4 game, the team needed TE Levine Toilolo to help fill in up-front. Because of the injuries, the Falcons OL for the rest of the game included, LT Jake Matthews, LG Gabe Carimi, C Peter Konz, RG Jon Asamoah and Toilolo at right tackle. Also leaving the game early was Falcons S William Moore (shoulder).
3. White Historic in Return: Falcons WR Julio Jones returned to the lineup on Sunday from a hamstring injury and made his presence felt early, scoring on the second-offensive drive of the game. White hauled in a 24-yard TD pass from Ryan in the first quarter, tying the score (7-7), for his 57th-career TD reception, matching former Falcons WR Terance Mathis for the franchise lead. White finished the contest with 4 receptions for 73 yards and one TD. Falcons WR Julio Jones added 6 receptions for 82 yards.
4. Smith Shows Big-Play Ability, Scores Again: The Falcons RB committee combined for 121 yards, led by Devonta Freeman, who gained a team-high 62 yards, including a 48-yard TD run. Steven Jackson added 49 yards on 13 carries, helping to open some passing opportunities later in the contest, allowing the Falcons to overcome an early deficit.
5. Hester's Streak Continues: Playing against the Vikings in their outdoor stadium for the second time in his career, Hester scored his third-career TD at TCF Bank Stadium, a 36-yard TD pass from Ryan in the third quarter, narrowing his team's deficit to six, 27-21. Hester finished the day with 5 receptions for 70 yards and the TD in the 41-28 loss.