The Falcons defense allowed 299 total yards, their lowest total of the preseason. The defense also forced two turnovers – one interception and one fumble recovery. The defense has forced five total turnovers in three preseason games.
- The Falcons defense also held the Miami Dolphins to 2-for-12 on third down. The 17 percent third-down conversion rate was a preseason best for the Falcons defense, and lowered their preseason opponents' total third-down conversion rate to 36 percent.
- WR Leonard Hankerson finished his evening with three receptions for 50 yards. The Ft. Lauderdale, FL native has appeared in 31 games with 14 starts, and has compiled 81 receptions for 1,081 yards (13.3 avg.) and six receiving touchdowns.
- DE Adrian Clayborn recorded his second sack of the preseason and his first fumble recovery as a Falcon when he brought down QB Matt Moore for a nine-yard loss at the end of the first half. In 2013, Clayborn started all 16 games and recorded a career-high 64 tackles, including 19 for loss, six sacks, and two forced fumbles. His 19 tackles for loss that season ranked fourth in the NFL behind DE Robert Quinn (23), DE J.J. Watt (22), and LB Lavonte David (20). He also added 14.5 run stuffs, which tied for the NFL lead, with David and Watt, according to STATS, LLC.
- OLB O'Brien Schofield recorded his first sack and forced fumble in an Atlanta Falcon uniform, dropping Moore for a 15 yard loss. His strip sack gave Atlanta possession with 35 seconds remaining in the first half and led to a 50-yard field goal by K Matt Bryant. Schofield was signed by the Falcons on March 12, 2015. He has played in 66 games with 11 starts while totaling 111 total tackles (93 solo), 13.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and one pass defensed.
- Bryant provided the team's only points of the night, connecting on all three of his field goal attempts: 43 yards, 50 yards, and 39 yards. In 2014, Bryant connected on 29 of his 32 field goals, including several game winners, and moved into second on the franchise's all-time scoring list. He also had an NFL best seven kicks from 50-yards-or-longer.
- LB Joplo Bartu recorded his first interception of the preseason, picking off Moore and setting up a Bryant field goal. In 2014, Bartu started 13 games at linebacker and recorded 92 total tackles (53 solo), one sack and two fumble recoveries.