The 1-1 Falcons are looking to start a winning streak as they head to Miami to face the 2-0 Dolphins. Here are some facts and tidbits about the matchup:
- This will be the first time the Falcons have traveled to Miami to face the Dolphins since 2005.
- Sunday's matchup marks the 12th meeting between Atlanta and Miami with the Dolphins leading the all-time series 7-4.
- Under head coach Mike Smith, the Falcons are 1-0 against the Dolphins as Atlanta topped Miami 19-7 in the 2009 season opener at the Georgia Dome.
- TE Tony Gonzalez made his debut as a Falcon in the last meeting between the two clubs after being acquired in a trade during the 2009 offseason. He caught ﬁve passes for 73 yards, including a 20-yard touchdown in his ﬁrst game as a Falcon.
- QB Matt Ryan completed 22-of-36 pass attempts for 229 yards with two touchdowns and a 98.0 passer rating in that meeting, while the Falcons defense produced four sacks, including two from DE Kroy Biermann.
- Under Smith, the Falcons have posted a 16-4 record against AFC opponents, including a 3-1 mark against the AFC East.