FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Shoe Talk with Mohamed Sanu is back.
Meaning, Sanu will show off the cleats he wears on gameday and talk about his inspiration behind the design every week.
- How to watch the Falcons-Panthers game Sunday
- Panthers will face Falcons without key starters
- AFR: Stopping Cam Newton starts with D-line
- How the "I-85 Rivalry" began
- Nerdy Birdz: Stats you should know about Robert Alford
- Falcons-Panthers key matchups
For the first game of the season, Sanu donned black cleats with red tips against the Philadelphia Eagles to honor the Red Tails of the Tuskegee Airmen, who were a group of African-American military pilots who fought in World War II. One group they formed was the 332nd Fighter Group, who painted the tails of their P-47s fighter planes red.
The idea came after Sanu and the rest of the receiver crew (Julio Jones, Justin Hardy and Calvin Ridley) saw a video of them in the preseason being referred to as the “flight crew” and he instantly thought of the Red Tails. Jones also had rep tips on his cleats.
To see the full episode of Shoe Talk, watch below: