Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders Updates
● Must be at least 18 years of age by June 2, 2020.
● Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D by June 15, 2020.
● Must have a part-time or full-time job or be a college student.
DO NOT MAIL APPLICATIONS TO THE ATLANTA FALCONS OFFICES!
● Attire for auditions is a two piece leotard (a sports bra top and dance shorts is fine as well) and skin-tone/matte tights
● Interview- The interview is business/professional dress.
● Finals- Attire will be provided
Common Questions and Answers
What are your height and weight requirements?
None, however, you must be physically fit. We do not have any minimum or maximum limits- the 2019 squad ranged in height from 4'9" to 5'10"!
What is the age limit?
There is no age maximum; however, you must be at least 18 years of age by June 2, 2020 Last year's team ranged in age between 19-35 years.
How often are rehearsasl?
Practices are held twice a week in the Greater Atlanta vicinity for the 2020 season.
Do the Cheerleaders travel to away games?
No. The Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders do not travel to regular-season away games. They are required, however, to cheer at all 10 home games (2 pre-season and 8 regular season games).
What do the judges look for at auditions?
The judges are looking at appearance, showmanship, dance/cheer ability, and a fit shape.
How should I fix my hair and make-up?
Make-up should be glamorous but not too heavy!
Would you prefer a professional or dance/cheer resume for auditions?
If you have them, both would be terrific. This does not need to be professionally done. The purpose of the resume is to provide additional information for the interview process.
What do you use the photograph for that you request at auditions?
We strictly use the requested photograph for recognizing who you are at auditions. These photos will not be returned to you! Just select a nice snapshot where you look as you do today! If you already have a head shot – this would be fine to use!
When and where are Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader Practices?
Last season the Cheerleaders practiced on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. at Dance 101, LA Fitness (Buckhead) and had some practices at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
What is the salary for an Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader?
The cheerleaders get paid a nominal fee for each of the 10 regular season home games they perform as well as receive compensation for each practice. There are also opportunities for paid appearances throughout the season. It is required for the cheerleaders to have a part-time or full-time job or be a college student because being an Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader is not a full-time paying job.
Do the current cheerleaders have to audition again?
Yes. Each cheerleader must audition every year. The cheerleaders do not have to audition at the preliminary auditions, but must compete in the finals. The panel of judges cannot tell who has cheered and who has not at this final audition. The current cheerleaders have an interview portion as well and do not know the material taught at the final audition.
Besides attending audition prep classes, what else can I do to better prepare for auditions?
First off, staying fit is a key element as being an Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader requires high athletic demands. Brush up on dance and technical moves by taking dance classes.
Rules and Regulations
● The official uniform and practice wear is provided at no cost to you
● Cheerleaders are responsible for maintaining the uniform, poms, warm-ups, shoes/boots, and practice wear. The cheerleader must pay for any items lost or damaged
● All Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader property must be turned in on or before the 2020 Final Auditions
● Twice a week; extra rehearsals added as needed
● Anyone missing a rehearsal prior to a home game will not be allowed to perform at that game
● Anyone missing one game is subject to dismissal from the squad under the discretion of the coordinator
● If you cannot attend rehearsals or all games, please do not consider auditioning
● Cheerleaders are compensated a minimum of $15 per hour for rehearsals, games and appearances
● Paid appearances and performances are available at the discretion of the coordinator
● Each cheerleader participates in charity, sponsor and Falcons appearances throughout the season.