FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced the list of 102 nominees Thursday for the Class of 2019. A total of five former Falcons players and two coaches – including one current one – are among the list of nominees.
Several former Falcons players and coaches made the list, including current Falcons' defensive line coach, Bryant Young who played 14 seasons with the San Francisco 49ers (1994-2007).
The following former Falcons players have been nominated:
- Tony Gonzalez, tight end (2009-2013)
- Cornelius Bennett, linebacker (1994-1996)
- Mike Kenn, tackle (1978 – 1994)
- Eric Metcalf, wide receiver/running back/ return specialist (1995-1996)
- Jason Elam, kicker (2008-2009)
- Dan Reeves, head coach (1997-2003)
The semifinalists will be announced in November and the list will be trimmed to 15 finalists in January decided by a 48-person selection committee.
The Class of 2019 will be announced the night before Super Bowl LIII at the NFL Honors award show.