The 2-6 Falcons will face the 8-1 Seahawks at the Georgia Dome on Sunday. Here are some facts and tidbits about the matchup:
- Sunday marks the 14 regular season meeting between the two clubs.
- The matchup is also a rematch of last season’s NFC Divional Playoff, a game which the Falcons won 30-28 on the strength of a 49-yard game winning field goal from K Matt Bryant.
- Seattle holds an 8-5 edge in the all-time regular season series, but the Falcons have won each of the last four meetings between the two clubs (including postseason).
- Head coach Mike Smith has led the Falcons to three straight wins over the Seahawks, including wins in Seattle in 2010 and 2011, as well as last season’s playoff victory.
- RB Steven Jackson has rushed for 1,137 yards on 293 carries with eight touchdowns in 17 games against Seattle
- QB Matt Ryan holds the single game high for passing yards against the Seahawks with 291 (10/2/11).
- The longest reception against the Seahawks came on December 30, 2007 by Alge Crumpler with 55-yards.
- Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll coached Falcons LT Sam Baker at USC from 2003-07.
- Tom Cable was the offensive line coach at Cal while Falcons TE
Tony Gonzalezwas on campus. Cable also coached the Falcons offensive line in 2006.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and Falcons C
Peter Konzwere teammates at the University of Wisconsin, leading the Badgers to the 2012 Rose Bowl.
Desmond Trufantis from Tacoma, WA and attended the University of Washington where he played with Seahawks WR Jermaine Kearse.
- RB Steven Jackson played with Seahawks CB Brandon Browner at Oregon State in 2003.
- TE Levine Toilolo and Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin played together for the 2010 season at Stanford University.
- QB Matt Ryan currently has an active streak of 14 games with a touchdown pass.