The Falcons are heading into their first home game of the season against the St. Louis Rams at the Georgia Dome. Here are some facts and tidbits about the matchup:
- Sunday's matchup marks the 76th meeting between the two former NFC West division rivals with the Rams holding a 47-26-2 advantage in the all-time series.
Steven Jacksonspent the first nine seasons of his career in St. Louis where he rushed for 10,135 yards with 56 touchdowns and made three trips to the Pro Bowl
- In the last meeting between the two clubs in 2012, Atlanta left the Edward Jones Dome with a 34-17 win.
Matt Ryanposted a 101.8 QB rating after throwing for 253 yards with two touchdowns while S William Mooresnapped his former Big 12 rival QB Sam Bradford’s NFL rookie record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception at 169 after picking him off at the goal line.
- Since 2008, under head coach Mike Smith, the Falcons have gone 20-3 following a loss. Atlanta has also won 12 straight games following a loss.
- The Falcons have not lost back-to-back games in the same season since falling to Philadelphia and New Orleans in consecutive weeks in 2009.
- Smith's record at home is 33-7 in the regular season. The Falcons record at home is the best mark in the NFC since 2008
- According to Fox Sports, the Falcons are the first team to have the leading active rusher (Jackson - 10,215 yards) and leading active receiver (TE
Tony Gonzalez- 14,304 yards) take the field together since the Green Bay Packers in 1941 with Clarke Hinkle (3,467 yards) and Don Hutson (3,566 yards).