The 1-4 Falcons are facing the 0-5 Buccanneers at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome. Here are some facts and tidbits about the matchup:
- Sunday’s game marks the 40th meeting between the two clubs and offers the Falcons an opportunity to even the all-time series as the Buccaneers lead 20-19.
- Head coach Mike Smith has led the Falcons to a 7-3 record against the Buccaneers and a 17-14 mark in NFC South play.
- The Buccaneers snapped a four-game losing streak at the Georgia Dome with a 22-17 win over the Falcons in the 2012 regular-season finale.
- The Falcons have posted a 4-1 record in games after their bye, including four straight wins dating back to 2009.
- Smith has led his team to a 35-17 record in games coming after Atlanta’s bye week since 2008, including a 7-3 record in the team’s final 10 games in 2012.
Matt Ryanholds the single game high for passing yards against the Buccaneers with 353 (11/25/12)
- Atlanta special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong and Tampa Bay head coach Greg Schiano were both part of the Chicago Bears coaching staff in 1997 and 1998.
Matt Bryantplayed for the Buccaneers for four seasons from 2005-08.
Jeremy Truebloodwas drafted by Tampa Bay in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft and spent seven seasons with the club.
- Buccaneers P Michael Koenen spent six seasons in Atlanta from 2005-10.
- In 51 offensive possessions, the Falcons have posted 11 drives of five minutes or longer, which ranks second in the NFL. Atlanta has scored on eight of those 11 drives, totaling 44 points, which also ranks second in the NFL this season.
- This season, QB Matt Ryan has completed 70.2 percent of the passes he has thrown to TE
Tony Gonzalez(33-of-47), which is the second highest completion percentage for any receiver with at least 45 targets.
- The Falcons are one of nine teams holding opponents to less than 100 yards per game and Atlanta has surrendered just two rushing touchdowns
- QB Matt Ryan is 34-7 (.829) in home starts and has won 12 of his past 15 starts at home. In career, when Ryan starts and has 100-plus rating, Falcons are 33-2.