The 2-9 Falcons travel to Canada to face the 4-7 Bills in Week 13. Here are some facts and tidbits about the matchup:
- Sunday’s game marks the 11th meeting between the two clubs with Atlanta owning a 6-4 edge in the all-time series.
- The Falcons have won each of the last three games, including a 31-3 victory at the Georgia Dome in 2009.
- Sunday will also be the first of two International Series games the Falcons will play over the next two seasons, with a trip to London on the schedule in 2014.
Steven Jackson’s rushing touchdown last week against the Saints was the 57th of his career, which ranks fifth among active players.
Darius Johnson’s six catches, in Week 12, were tied for the fourth most in a single game by a Falcons undrafted rookie behind Harmon Wages (9), Tyrone Brown (8), and Alfred Jenkins (7).
Matt Bryantbecame the third player in franchise history to record 500 points with a 39-yard field goal in the second quarter.
- Buffalo has averaged 134.1 rushing yards per game, which ranks seventh in the NFL. RB Fred Jackson has run for 591 yards on 141 carries with six touchdowns and RB C.J. Spiller has added 507 yards on 123 carries.
- The Falcons have been among the League’s top teams in terms of sustaining long scoring drives this season. Atlanta has posted a league-high 26 drives lasting 10 plays or longer, scoring 19 times for 89 points.
- Head coach Mike Smith has a 1-0 regular season record against the Bills.
- The last time the Falcons had a 100-yard receiver against the Bills was on December 27, 2009 and WR
Roddy Whiteholds the record with 139-yards.
Matt Ryanhas the single game high of 3 touchdowns vs Bills, which he achieved on December 27, 2009.
- Head coach Mike Smith and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan worked with Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine during their time on the Baltimore Ravens coaching staff. Nolan also coached with Bills WRs coach Ike Hilliard at Miami in 2011.
- Secondary coach Tim Lewis and Bills special teams coordinator Danny Crossman coached together for the Carolina Panthers for the 2007 and 2008 seasons.
Drew Davisplayed with Bills G Mark Asper, S Jairus Byrd and LB Kiko Alonso at the University of Oregon.
Jonathan Babineauxand Bills TE Scott Chandler played together at Iowa for two seasons.
- Atlanta Falcons players DE
Cliff Matthews, DT Travian Robertsonand FB Patrick DiMarcoall played with Bills CB Stephon Gilmore at the University of South Carolina.
Malliciah Goodmanand OL Antoine McClain were teammates at Clemson.
Harry Douglasand Bills OL Eric Wood both played at Louisville from 2005-2007.
Paul Worrilowhas an active streak of four games with 10-plus tackles.