The 4-10 Falcons travel to San Francisco to face the 10-4 49ers on Monday Night Football. Here is a look at some facts and tidbits about the game:
- Monday’s game marks the 74th regular season meeting between the two clubs with the 49ers leading the all-time series 44-29-1.
- Head coach Mike Smith owns a 2-1 overall record against San Francisco, including a 2-0 mark in regular season contests.
- Under Smith, the Falcons are 6-0 in games played on the West Coast.
- With the Falcons win against the Redskins in Week 15, coach Smith improved his record to 60-34 and became the first coach in franchise history to reach 60 coaching wins and his .638 winning percentage is the best in team history.
- The Falcons and 49ers last met in last season’s NFC Championship Game, which San Francisco won 28-24 at the Georgia Dome.
- Atlanta has won four straight regular season games against San Francisco, including each of the last two matchups at Candlestick Park.
- In their last trip to the Bay Area, WR
Roddy Whiteset a franchise record with 210 receiving yards in a 45-10 Falcons win.
- White also holds the single game high for longest reception for 90 yards, which he accomplished on October 11, 2009.
- White has an active streak of 111 games with a reception, which is a franchise record.
Steven Jacksonrecorded his second multi-touchdown game of the season with a pair of rushing scores in Week 15.
Tony Gonzalezcaught his 110th career touchdown pass and became the fifth player in NFL history to record over 15,000 career-receiving yards in the Week 15 win.
- Gonzalez has an active streak of 209 games with a reception, which is the longest active streak in the NFL.
- In Week 15, S
William Mooreand CB Desmond Trufanteach notched their second interceptions of the season.
- The 49ers have three players averaging four yards per carry in QB Colin Kaepernick (5.2), RB Frank Gore (4.2), and RB Kendall Hunter (4.0). San Francisco has posted the highest rush percentage in the NFL (53.3 percent).
Harry Douglashas set new career highs in nearly every statistical category this season with 73 catches, 963 yards (13.2 yards per catch), and two touchdowns. Douglas needs 37 yards to reach 1,000 for the first time in career.
Matt Ryanhad 329 yards against the 49ers on October 11, 2009, which was the last time the Falcons had a 300-yard passer against San Francisco.
- Defensive coordinator Mike Nolan was the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers from 2005-08. While Nolan was the head coach, the team drafted RB Frank Gore, TE Vernon Davis, T Joe Staley and LB Patrick Willis.
- 49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell was a member of the Falcons coaching staff from 2004-06, including a stint as the defensive coordinator in 2006.
- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff and CB
Asante Samuelwere in New England with 49ers special teams coach Brad Seely.
Sean Weatherspoonplayed with 49ers OLB Aldon Smith at Missouri from 2008-09.
Peria Jerryand LB Patrick Willis were teammates at Ole Miss in 2005.
Jason Snellingand LB Ahmad Brooks were teammates at the University of Virginia.
Justin Blalockand CB Tarell Brown won a BCS National Championship at the University of Texas.
Drew Davisplayed with RB LaMichael James and FB/DT Will Tukuafu at Oregon.