Matt Ryanthrew for a career-high 421 yards, completing 34 of 54 (62.9 percent) passes with two touchdowns, one interception and a 91.7 passer rating in the loss. Ryan’s 421-yard output is the second-highest single game passing total in team history behind QB Chris Chandler’s 431-yard performance against the Buffalo Bills (12/23/01).
- Ryan also threw a career-high 54 passes, while tying his career-best of 34 completions. Additionally,Sunday night marked his 43rd career multi-touchdown game.
Tony Gonzalezcaught 12 passes for a career-high 149 yards with two touchdowns. Gonzalez’s previous career best came in 2000 when he caught 11 passes for 147 yards, also against the New England Patriots.
- Sunday marked Gonzalez’s 31st career 100-yard game and 18th multi-touchdown game. Gonzalez owns the NFL record for 100-yard games by a tight end and he is the NFL’s active leader in touchdown receptions with 106.
- Gonzalez ranks sixth on the NFL’s all-time receiving touchdowns list and his 30 touchdowns in a Falcons uniform are the second-most by a tight end in club history.
- According to ESPN Stats and Information, Ryan was 12 of 13 for 149 yards and two touchdowns when targeting Gonzalez, including a perfect seven for seven for 90 yards and one touchdown in the first half.
- Gonzalez also improved his streak of games with at least one reception to 199 straight contests. With a catch in next week’s game against the New York Jets, Gonzalez can join WR Jerry Rice (274) as the only players in NFL history to have streaks of 200-or-more games with at least one reception.
Julio Jonesturned in his third straight 100-yard game on Sunday night, catching six passes for 108 yards (18.0 yards per reception). Jones caught three passes for 86 yards, including a 49-yard pass in the fourth quarter.
- Jones leads the NFL with 481 receiving yards in 2013, while his 33 receptions lead the NFC and rank third behind Andre Johnson (34) and Julian Edelman (34) for the League lead.
- The Falcons opened the scoring with a 13 play, 75-yard drive that setup a 23-yard field goal by K
Matt Bryant. Since 2008, the Falcons lead the NFL with 241 points on their first offensive possessions. The Birds have scored 17 points on their opening drives in 2013, including scores on their opening possession in each of the last three games.
- Bryant connected on all three of his field goal attempts, including kicks of 23, 25, and 45 yards on Sundaynight. He has now connected on 103 field goals since joining the Falcons and is one of three players in team history to reach the century mark in made field goals. Additionally, Bryant’s 462 total points are the third most in club annals.
Roddy Whiteset a franchise record for consecutive games with at least one reception after hauling in a six-yard pass on Atlanta’s opening drive. White has now caught at least one pass in 104 straight games, topping WR Alfred Jenkins club record of 103 set between 1975 and 1983.