- The Falcons outgained the Dolphins 377-285, including 146-90 on the ground in Sunday’s loss. Atlanta’s 146 rushing yards were the club’s highest this season and most since totaling 129 rushing yards in a win over the New York Giants on 12/16/12.
- Atlanta was able to establish its running game against the Dolphins despite missing RB
Steven Jackson, as RB Jacquizz Rodgersand RB Jason Snellingcombined for 139 yards on 29 carries, averaging 4.9 yards per carry.
- Rodgers finished as the game’s leading rusher, posting a career-high 86 yards on 18 carries (4.8 yards per carry).
- Snelling recorded 111 total yards from scrimmage on 15 touches. Sunday marked his third career game with 100-plus scrimmage yards. The seventh-year pro rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries and added 58 yards on four receptions, including a seven-yard touchdown.
Julio Jonesposted his second straight 100-yard game, catching nine passes for 115 yards. This season, Jones has 27 receptions for 373 yards with two touchdowns. His 373 receiving yards rank among the League leaders after three games.
- The Falcons opened the scoring with a 14-play, 80-yard drive ending with Snelling taking a shovel pass seven yards for a touchdown. The score marked the second consecutive game that the Falcons have scored on their opening possession.
Roddy Whitepassed LB Keith Brooking for third on the club’s consecutive games played list, seeing action in his 131st straight game. Brooking played in 130 games from 2001-08.
- White also notched his 103rd straight game with at least one reception, tying WR Alfred Jenkins’ franchise record set between 1975 and 1983.
Osi Umenyiorarecorded his first sack of the season, dropping QB Ryan Tannehill for a five-yard loss and forcing a fumble. He notched his second sack of the season on the Dolphins opening drive of the second half, forcing Tannehill to fumble once again. DT Peria Jerrypicked up the loose ball to help setup a Falcons touchdown.
- Umenyiora finished the game with five tackles (four solo), two sacks, and two forced fumbles. In his 11thNFL season, Umenyiora has totaled 77.0 sacks and 34 forced fumbles in his career. He ranks in the top 10 in both categories among active players.
Robert McClainpicked up his first career sack when he dragged down Tannehill for a four-yard loss. McClain finished the game with a team-high six tackles (six solo), one sack, one tackle for loss and one quarterback hit.
William Moorenotched his first interception of the season, picking off Tannehill in the third quarter. Since becoming a starter in 2010, Moore has totaled 12 interceptions, which ranks tied for third among all safeties with Eric Weddle (12) and behind Ed Reed (15), and Devin McCourty (14).
Akeem Dentrecorded his first career sack on Sunday. He also teamed up with DT Peria Jerry for a second sack late in the game. Dent logged five tackles (three solo) with 1.5 sacks, one tackle for loss, and two quarterback hits.
- Atlanta’s defense totaled five sacks for a loss of 41 yards against the Dolphins on Sunday. It was Atlanta’s first five-sack performance since December 15, 2011 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.