Harry Douglasposted a career-high 12 receptions for 121 yards and was targeted a game-high 18 times. Sunday marked Douglas’ third career 100-yard game and the first time he has tallied 100-yards in back to back games in his NFL career. This season, Douglas has posted three games with 90-or-more receiving yards.
- Douglas also leads the team with 38 receptions and 489 receiving yards. He is averaging 14.0 yards per catch and has added one touchdown.
- Through seven games, Douglas is on pace to shatter his career-highs of 39 catches and 498 yards. He has logged over 300 receiving yards for the fourth time in his career and eclipsed the 30 reception mark for the third time.
Drew Davishad a career-day, posting career highs with five catches and 77 yards. Davis also caught his first touchdown of the season on a four-yard pass from Ryan in the fourth quarter.
- TE Tony Gonzalez caught three passes for 26 yards on Sunday, extending his streak of games with a reception to 202. Gonzalez’s 202-game stretch is the longest active streak in the NFL and the second longest in NFL history.
Asante Samuelnotched his first interception of the season, picking off QB Carson Palmer in the first quarter. Samuel has posted 51 career interceptions, which ranks fourth among active players behind Ed Reed (61), Charles Woodson (56), and Champ Bailey (52).
- Samuel has picked off Palmer in two consecutive meetings. Last season, Samuel intercepted Palmer and returned the pick 79 yards for a touchdown in a Week 6 win while Palmer was a member of the Oakland Raiders.
- Samuel is one of 10 cornerbacks to record more than 50 career interceptions. He is one of 39 players to accomplish that feat and including playoffs, his 58 career picks are the second most among active players.
- Defensively, Atlanta was led by
Jonathan Babineauxwho was credited with seven total tackles (seven solo), three tackles for loss, one sack, and one forced fumble.
- DT Corey Peters notched his third sack of the season, dropping Palmer for a nine-yard loss. Peters also added three total tackles (three solo) and one tackle for loss.
- DT Peria Jerry and LB
Joplo Bartucombined to bring down Palmer for a nine-yard loss, giving the Falcons their third consecutive game with three-or-more sacks. Bartu also added five tackles (four solo). The undrafted rookie out of Texas State has totaled 41 tackles (20 solo) and 2.5 sacks this season.
Matt Bryanthit a pair of field goals on Sunday, connecting on kicks from 24 and 30 yards. This season, Bryant has hit 11 of 12 field goal attempts and all 19 of his PAT attempts. Since joining the Falcons in 2009, his 88.1 field goal percentage (104 of 118) ranks third in the NFL and is the highest among placekickers attempting at least 100 field goals.
Matt Boshercontinued his strong 2013 campaign, punting four times for 183 yards (46.8 avg.) with two punts downed inside the 20 and a 57-yard long kick. Bosher also recovered an onside kick, Atlanta’s second onside recovery of the season.