- The Falcons fell to 11-2 on the season with a 30-20 loss to the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was Atlanta’s first loss to Carolina in its last six games between the two NFC South rivals.
- The Falcons got on the board in the third quarter when QB
Matt Ryanhit WR Roddy Whitefor a four-yard touchdown. The score was White’s 50th career receiving touchdown. He is one of three wide receivers in team history to record 50 career touchdown receptions, joining WR Terance Mathis (57) and Andre Rison (56).
- In his career, White has totaled 607 receptions, which is the highest total in team history. Since his rookie season in 2005, White is one of eight players in the NFL to post 600-or-more catches.
- White finished the game with nine catches for a game-high 117 yards with one touchdown. Sunday marked White’s 34th career 100-yard game, which is a franchise record. White has recorded seven 100-yard games this season. He is one 100-yard game shy of tying his own franchise record of eight 100-yard games set in 2008.
- Ryan hit WR
Julio Jonesfor his second touchdown pass of the game early in the fourth quarter. Ryan has thrown multiple touchdowns in eight games this season and in his career, the Falcons are 29-7 when he tosses two-or-more touchdowns.
- Ryan finished the game completing 34 of 49 pass attempts for 342 yards with two touchdowns, one interception and a 94.1 passer rating. Ryan’s 342 passing yards marked the seventh time that he has thrown for more than 300 yards this season, breaking his own franchise record of six games set in 2011.
- Jones caught five passes for 66 yards with one touchdown, increasing his season total to 997 receiving yards. Jones needs just three yards to record his first career 1,000-yard season. Jones and White would become the first Falcons teammates to post 1,000 yards in the same season since 1998 when WR Tony Martin (1,181) and WR Terance Mathis (1,136) each accomplished that feat.
- In two career games at Bank of America Stadium, Jones has eight catches for 170 yards and three touchdowns.
Michael Turnerpunched in a one-yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter. He has scored a rushing touchdown in each of the last four games and now has eight rushing scores on the season. Additionally, he has now recorded 13 touchdowns in 11 games against the Panthers in his career. Turner’s 58 rushing touchdowns and 59 total touchdowns are both club records.