1. Falcons Heading to Houston: The Falcons will have one more session of XFINITY® Atlanta Falcons Training Camp on Tuesday morning before loading up the plane and heading to Houston for two days of combined practices ahead of their preseason game Saturday. Head coach Mike Smith is looking forward to the chance to evaluate players against new competition, something he says makes these combined practices all the more valuable: "There's gonna be a lot of guys that did some things in the ballgame in Week 1 that are going to get an opportunity to play more in Week 2 — not just only in the game, but in practice."
2. Freeman Leaves Practice: Rookie running back
3. Smith Set for Houston Defense: Running back
4. Yates Set to Return to Houston: Quarterback TJ Yates was in Houston not that long ago, a part of a trade in June that sent linebacker Akeem Dent to the Texans in exchange for the backup QB. He's looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, but more importantly, the chance to use the Falcons playbook against a defense he's familiar with: "That's what it's about, seeing different looks. We've gone against each other for so long, so many days straight except for the day with the Titans and the game, but it's good to just break up camp a little bit. It's not the everyday grind of just doing the same thing. ... We know they're a very good defense. They're going to bring it. It's going to be a challenge for us."
5. Matthews Eyeing Matchups vs. Clowney, Watt: Rookie
Extra Note: Tuesday will be the final day of XFINITY® Atlanta Falcons Training Camp open to the public. Gates will open at 8 a.m. and practice is set for a 9 a.m. start.